• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch 10 Second Short

Ah yes, Art.... I don't get it.
LOL!
Yeah, it's SUPPOSED TO BE pretty... what's the term I'm looking for... ? Intangible?

Yeah. That.

Looks nice, although didn't do anything for me. Kinda... "meh".
Honestly it doesn't do much for me, either. :no::cool:

But, hey. It was one o'clock in the morning when my squirrelly brain thought of a solution to the "ten minute short problem."
So... don't expect gold in the middle of the night. ;)

The other goal was to create something that could conceivably be designed, shot, edited, and uploaded in an ~hour.

I'll try a few more of these, likely with a more entertaining bend (ie. less weird, or just more entertaining weird.)

I think the first few will have at least two shots in them.
No ten second stills.
And there will be some sort of oddish presentation/story.
Quasi haiku-ish.

And if anyone else wants to give it a whirl - gopherit.
I'll upload a blank intro+extro sometime today-ish.
The title and "By" font is Ligurino Condensed to allow long names to be placed in tight spaces.
But any condensed font will work fine.

Ray, I continue to wonder what it would be like to be inside your mind. :lol:

I think I'll take a stab at one of these one of these days. Heck, perhaps I'll shoot something tomorrow. Why not? :)

Perhaps we could turn this into a Youtube channel. Not like 5SF, perhaps something where anyone can submit and you/me could post the films. Just brainstorming :)

Ray, I continue to wonder what it would be like to be inside your mind. :lol:
LOL!

WHY do people keep saying that?! :lol:

Yeah! Sure! Gopherit! Make your own 10 Second Short!

Throw it up here.

Certainly a lot less hassle than a 48hr film festival entry. HA!

Okay, okay, okay... How 'bout this one?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFoQQVB0Xik

BTW, it... might NOT be SFW. :blush:

I wonder if going into your mind would be like experiencing the movie The Cell. Not that you're a deranged serial killer, well, nobody on this forum can know for sure. :bag:;)

I dug the 10 Second Life one :cool:

I love short, experimental things like this. I may not always understand them, but they are an awesome form of short film.

Fwiw, people have been doing amazing things on Vine (you've prolly seen a zillion of them, via Facebook) - limited to 6 seconds, and still capable of getting a thought, idea, concept or even entire story through!

Wheat's gotta GRRREAT idea for a thread http://www.indietalk.com/showthread.php?t=53027
which has inspired a collective wisdom message perfect for a 10 Second Short:

10 seconds of wise and experienced ITers simply stating "That sucks."

Record your one second video stamp of pre-disapproval in 1080 or 720 rez, MP4/AVI/MOV/H.264 I don't care, attach that fat bastard to an email to rewriteitagain@gmail.com.

It's a second+ long.
Give it two or three tries.
Send 'em all.
This weekend I'll select takes, paste 'em together, and make something beautiful we can just rubber stamp to every nube that shows up full of mindless enthusiasm!

enthusiasm.jpg

Lol!

Yeah...

It's probably only funny if someone else does it, anyway.

The collective IT community probbbbbbbably oughtta have a more humanitarian-filmmaker boilerplate greeting to nubes.
Something that "appeeeeeeeears" sincere.

I hear Birdemic is pretty bad.
I'll put that on my casual must see list.

And there's a II and III, no less, eh? Sounds like a full afternoon of brain rot. :)

Back