• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Zombie Causes?

Hey everyone!

Recently an idea for a Zombie movie popped into my head. It will be a thriller/drama and not the typical cheesy horror zombie movie with the living dead it will actually have a different approach.

Anyways, I'm trying to come up with a way for this to happen and as I have some ideas, I'm still researching other zombie movies to see how they became that way in their movie.

So far I have seen:

- Virus
- Experimentation/Science
- Voodoo
- Toxic waste
- Apocalyptic Comets

Anyone else seen any other causes of zombies in movies?

If you want to dabble in a conspiracy-theme, how about having a story where the DEA is slipping toxic ingredients to drugs on the street - as a means to curb drug use, that goes horribly wrong... creating legions of zombies bent on revenge.

Just a thought...

Zombies

Hi I am new here, but I think I can add something. How about a Necromancer. Some evil guy with lots of magic. Or maybe soundwaves put in popular music. At first they are only meant to get kids to buy more stuff but then something goes wrong. LOL. Or indentured servitude. Credit card companies have a problem with the whole people getting out of debt by death. So they take the corpses and use them as a cheap inexhaustible form of labor.
just a thought or three.

I didn't mean do it like the chrysalids, I just ment the same type of idea that the zombies wouldn't be zombies really, just misunderstood mutants who are really just the same as the humans except that the humans want to kill them, but the 'zombies' don't want to kill anyone

Back