• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

critique Ziu, the lonely andriod - Feedback on Short sci-fi drama

I'm lost as to the flashbacks.

So, I'm guessing the eyes are swap-able to these robots? If so, does that mean the main character robot killed the guy with the blue eyes and took them? And now he is banned to the desert for this reason?

That area needs more refinement. I'd say take that second/final flashback completely out. It ruins the pace of the desert scenes. I was getting really into the story when he saw the dead Mother from before, and then you cut back to orange eyes at the service desk for seemingly no reason.

Once I understand the meaning behind the blue eye swap, then I think everything will make sense.

I'm lost as to the flashbacks.

So, I'm guessing the eyes are swap-able to these robots? If so, does that mean the main character robot killed the guy with the blue eyes and took them? And now he is banned to the desert for this reason?

That area needs more refinement. I'd say take that second/final flashback completely out. It ruins the pace of the desert scenes. I was getting really into the story when he saw the dead Mother from before, and then you cut back to orange eyes at the service desk for seemingly no reason.

Once I understand the meaning behind the blue eye swap, then I think everything will make sense.

That's a really interesting take on the story! What I intended to infer was that the stranger implanted some kind of modification on Ziu to make him feel emotions (which also change his eyes blue for thematics sake). That's my bad though, I'll see if I can refine the flashback scene, I'm not a real fan of them either.

Back