• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Xbox One Video Contest

So Microsoft was holding a contest for the Xbox One launch called the "Upload Outreach Program Contest."

The rules were quite simple. Make a 60 second video about your favorite game and be as creative as you can!
I figured what the heck and entered the contest.

Alan Wake is one of my favorite games for the Xbox 360 console so I wanted to do something with that IP. Since I didn't have a lot of time I decided to write a simple story with a beginning, middle and end and do it entirely out of construction paper. That way I would have 100% total control and wouldn't have to rely on actors, getting certain locations which is always an issue since I live in NYC, etc.

I created my video, submitted and a month and a half later I get an e-mail from the Microsoft creative team saying that I won the contest. about 800 to 1,000 videos were submitted to the contest.

Pretty rad!

On Friday I receive and Xbox One console, a years worth of Xbox Live membership and all the launch titles on day one. Not bad, not bad.

Here's my video in case anybody is interested in watching it. I'm adding the link to the high-rez version.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/41dyrny3g3dmvvt/Paper Alan Wake - High Rez.mp4

***Just goes to show that excuses are BS. If you don't have actors and locations... Make them out of paper. There are no excuses as to why you can't be creative and tell a story.

Hope you enjoy!

~Opus

Back