Writers suck!

... or do they?
smiley_creepy.gif

The good people at the Bulwer-Lytton Fiction Contest have just announced the... err... winners :weird: , in the annual competition to find the worst examples of written prose known to exist.

The complete list of those "earning" some kind of mention can be found >> here <<

My personal favourite:

"Wet leaves stuck to the spinning wagon wheels like feathers to a freshly tarred heretic, reminding those who watched them of the endless movement of the leafy earth-or so they would have, if only those fifteenth-century onlookers had believed that the earth actually rotated, which they didn't, which is why it was heretical to say that it did-and which is the reason why the wagon held a freshly tarred heretic in the first place."

Alf Seegert
Salt Lake City, UT

:lol:

Anyways... to all you struggling writers out there... keep it up, and never call it quits.

...unless you make this list, that is. ;)

Zensteve said:
... or do they?
smiley_creepy.gif

The good people at the Bulwer-Lytton Fiction Contest have just announced the... err... winners :weird: , in the annual competition to find the worst examples of written prose known to exist.

The complete list of those "earning" some kind of mention can be found >> here <<

My personal favourite:

"Wet leaves stuck to the spinning wagon wheels like feathers to a freshly tarred heretic, reminding those who watched them of the endless movement of the leafy earth-or so they would have, if only those fifteenth-century onlookers had believed that the earth actually rotated, which they didn't, which is why it was heretical to say that it did-and which is the reason why the wagon held a freshly tarred heretic in the first place."

Alf Seegert
Salt Lake City, UT

:lol:

Anyways... to all you struggling writers out there... keep it up, and never call it quits.

...unless you make this list, that is. ;)

I don't know Zen...I kinda like it! It sort of reminds me of a short short. 60 seconds to tell a story. This was one sentence to tell a story and go 'round' the world.

Could you see a contest for just that sentence? Make a movie based on that sentence. I could start shooting this weekend!

Ah well, what do I know!

Chris

Last edited:
Question:
Why must people be so negative and critical of other artists? We call that "hatin'" where I'm from...

Peace,
W B Epps

“Keep the mental in the attitude of constructive forces. See in every individual that which is hopeful, helpful. Do not look for others’ faults, but rather for their virtues, and the virtues in self will become magnified. For what we think upon, that we become.”
-Edgar Cayce

Why must people be so negative and critical of other artists?

Good BAMF. If you read the competition details (linked above), you will find that...

...people must submit their own works for the dubious honors/awards.

_______

Now this, on the other hand...

"Everywhere I go I'm asked if I think the university stifles writers. My opinion is that they don't stifle enough of them." ~ Flannery O'Connor

:cool:

It's all good. :)

I'd enter this next year... win $250 for e-mailing in some dodgily-written sentences? It's worth a crack.

Meanwhile, some more hilarity!
smiley_fool.gif

Ken Aclin, of Shreveport, La., won the Grand Panjandrum's Award for his shocking similes and abusive use of adjectives. He wrote that India ''hangs like a wet washcloth from the towel rack of Asia.''

''I just saw that washcloth hanging in the shower and it looked like India,'' he said. ''I'll be doggone.''

Back