WOW!!!!! That's really weird!

I just stepped outside to get something from our (detached) garage, and IT WAS FRIGGIN' SNOWING! Well, kind of...... It was frozen precipitation that came down hard and fast like hail, but was the consistency of snow; so it was probably rain that froze on the way down. It only lasted ten minutes or so, but still....... The local weather (NY Tri-State) calls for 38 degrees tonight - and it's the second week of May!

Just to round out the weirdness post.... We have an old-fashioned slanted storm door in the back of the house that goes to our basement. Sort of like this:

green-cellar-door.jpg

Three steps down is the solid core door into the basement. I opened the inside basement door, and in runs a chipmunk! I left the cellar door open while I did my chores and he must have left, because our cats are not going crazy trying to get into the basement as they do when the occasional field mouse decides to visit.

My daughter will not get to be in three plays, or improv night, or the student showcase, or Play-In-A-Day, or any of the other theatrical activities due to the lock-down. She will not get to go to prom, and she will not have a traditional graduation ceremony, not to mention Senior Cut Day. (On my senior cut day over 40 years ago we all trooped out to Jones Beach.) When her on-line school-work is done she spend hours texting, phoning and video chatting. She is also writing like crazy, so at least she is putting some of her time to good use.

Anyway, not much else to do, so I thought I would chime in.

Any good stories to share?

I thought it was crazy pollen. It was large snow flakes. Not even slush or sleet, thick fluffy flakes! They melted as soon as they hit the ground. So bizarre, and only for about one minute.

Back