Worst Script Ever Put To Screen (ending SPOILERS enclosed)

A PERFECT GETAWAY: Milla Jovovich and Steve Zahn

While I KNOW WHO KILLED ME can be used by screenwriting courses on how not to write a screenplay, A PERFECT GETAWAY takes it to a whole other level. Literally they have the killers (Milla & Zahn talking to each other about another couple (Nick and Gina) being the killers of the people they themselves murdered. Not just once, but most of the second act. Now, I know that some people who have seen this will say "You can go back and it's not that they're accusing others of being the killers. It's because they're worried about themselves". But, you'd be wrong. They were definitively worried about the others being the murderers.

It was so ridiculous I had to go back and see. Milla & Zahn were hiding behind a tree pretending to be peeing and discussing the other couple as if the other couple were the killers. "What do we really know about them?" then Milla J goes on about how much she knows about these people. Then they're discussing getting away from this couple because obviously Nick and Gina are nuts. Meanwhile, Milla and Zahn have butchered two people, cut off their fingers and pulled the teeth out of their mouth. They then go on to try and kill Nick and Gina.

Oh and they also threw the minidv from the original murdered couples camera into the ocean, and it magically reappeared later so that Gina could see it.

I can not believe this was actually made. When I returned it to BB I spoke to the girl that worked there. She knew about these things and said "Yeah, but that's just so you wouldn't know it was them". Wow, just so wrong.

While I KNOW WHO KILLED ME can be used by screenwriting courses on how not to write a screenplay, A PERFECT GETAWAY takes it to a whole other level.

Me bad. I liked it quite a bit! The Nick Cage impersonation was great. I do get where you're coming from with the confusion, though. I would have to see it again, as a lot of that dialogue was pretty ambiguous.

I guess that means I'll like I KNOW WHO KILLED ME. Ha ha! I have it, sitting next to CAPTIVITY, MOTORHOME MASSACRE, etc.

Lindsay.jpg

Last edited:
There are movies people like, and movies they hate. That's all taste. There's plenty of movies I really enjoy that most people despise. All About Steve I loved. I thought Bullock (won the razzie for this) was absolutely adorable. I enjoyed the wackiness of the story, the performances, everything. I rented it twice, and will eventually purchase a copy.

Captivity I rented because I like Eliza Cuthbert. She's just damn hot. But, she couldn't save that piece of drek. Terrible awful flick. I could be wrong, but I think that also had some pretty huge plot holes. Or maybe it just sucked. But, I can see why some people would enjoy it.

If I like an actress I will watch a terrible movie quite a few times if she looks good in it. So, it's pretty sad when there's someone so gorgeous and I can't force myself to sit through it at least twice.

IKWKM, a friend and myself once wrote a scene by scene description of all that was wrong during just the first act of that movie. Almost all the dialogue is poor exposition, and the characters contradict themselves constantly. I knew who the killer was the first CU of her hand and foot. The acting is atrocious from a talented cast, and while the film is pretty to look at, the Director didn't have a clue as to how to direct. This film single handed destroyed Lohan's career and every Razzie it won, it deserved. But, that doesn't mean a person can't like it.

But, to each his own. When you watch A Perfect Getaway again, count how many times they talk and act like the others are the killers. Some you can see are clearly correct in their portrayal and others are clearly wrong in any type of coherent reality based character.

It takes a lot for me sometimes to notice a script if the movie has my attention in other ways(script is unfortunately one of the last things I may notice in films), but one that sticks out for me was the dialogue in "Predator Vs Alien:Requiem". Not exactly Oscar material to begin with, but I hoped at least seeing some pred vs Alien action would make the talking less noticable.

Was I wrong. I've seen fan fiction with better writing(I mean really BAD fan fiction:lol:) My own eyebrows were raised through the movie, as I kept hoping it may get better speaking wise. It didn't. :weird:

Worst script(dialogue wise) I've ever encountered-took away any real enjoyment of the sci fi element.

I seem to notice the script first (Is it good? Is it bad?) first by dialog, then by actions of the characters (for instance, in Surrogates, they could have first said that Bruce's character lost a son, but first he opened the room and found the glove. Only later in the movie did it come to mention that he lost a son. Classic move of showing, not telling.)

Back