• Popcorn Points determine how popular a video is. You can click the popcorn bucket or simply react (Like, Love, etc.) and it will register a vote.

Wolf Tree

At the beginning of Save Point, quite a few bands joined up, looking to get their songs used in a film. People didn't understand about the snowballing production strategy though, and many got annoyed and left because their was no footage to use their music on. By month 6, we have only 2 minutes of finished footage, with over 30 indie bands offering tracks. Needless to say, I couldn't use everybody's tracks. By month 12, that snowball had hit about 45 minutes of footage. By month 18, we have something like 9 hours of finished cgi. Today, we're producing 5-10 minutes a day of raw footage, sometimes up to 40 minutes. That's the combined output of the first year, in a day.

So I told this band, Mouse Dog Bird, that I'd use one of their tracks in a video, and while I'm still getting around to finding just the right place in the story to use their unique style, I was doing a time lapse shoot out in this desert, and took the opportunity to make a music video for them.

Upvote 5
A very beautiful video to an amazingly spiritual track. It looks like where John Ford filmed The Searchers, Monument Valley, Arizona/Utah?
To me, its as if you've recorded the spirits of the Anasazi or Navajo, in flight around their ancient lands.
Is it filmed with drones?

A very beautiful video to an amazingly spiritual track. It looks like where John Ford filmed The Searchers, Monument Valley, Arizona/Utah?
To me, its as if you've recorded the spirits of the Anasazi or Navajo, in flight around their ancient lands.
Is it filmed with drones?

Thanks Solska! About the location. We built this location out of what's called "photoscanned assets". What happened is that people took drones outfitted with special camera rigs, and flew all around these mesas and formations, scanning the surfaces, and then recreating them digitally. We import those assets into a blank world, in this case 1 64 km expanse of desert. There are tools we use to populate the desert with selected flora, and sculpt the landscape to merge with the mesas. After that, we carefully adjust the sky and weather, using hundreds of controls to dial in an exact type of sky, and how it behaves. Cameras inside the matrix are handled exactly like their physical counterparts, except that they can fly at unlimited speed and change lenses mid shot. The time of day changes you see are also hand scripted. I can wire in the clock time of the world into the editing timeline, and simply control the time of day or night directly from there, so in example, if I have a shot where I think it would look cool to have the sun setting or moon rising, I can just code in that instruction in the timeline right at the moment where that shot happens.

Short answer, that's not a real canyon, we built it. We can now make unlimited canyons, as needed. These are being developed as stages for future storylines.

I certainly got a lot of inspiration from monument valley, and whenever I make desert V2, it will probably have a lot more of those unique rock formations.

The track is by a forum member here, who asked me if I could use their music in a film. I felt like it complimented the visuals really well.

Just another location I built yesterday for the film. It needs more work, a bit underfeatured right now, but I've got a decent aesthetic going. This video wasn't significant enough to warrant it's own thread, but I just thought I'd throw it up here in case anyone found the art interesting.

At the beginning of Save Point, quite a few bands joined up, looking to get their songs used in a film. People didn't understand about the snowballing production strategy though, and many got annoyed and left because their was no footage to use their music on. By month 6, we have only 2 minutes of finished footage, with over 30 indie bands offering tracks. Needless to say, I couldn't use everybody's tracks. By month 12, that snowball had hit about 45 minutes of footage. By month 18, we have something like 9 hours of finished cgi. Today, we're producing 5-10 minutes a day of raw footage, sometimes up to 40 minutes. That's the combined output of the first year, in a day.

So I told this band, Mouse Dog Bird, that I'd use one of their tracks in a video, and while I'm still getting around to finding just the right place in the story to use their unique style, I was doing a time lapse shoot out in this desert, and took the opportunity to make a music video for them.
Thank you so much ❤️ this is truly fantastic work

ok, it's on it's way, should show up in your email within a half hour or so. I used google drive so you could get the full quality original, so if you have any problems with the link (it happens once in a while for some reason) just tell me and I'll get it fixed.

wonderful, Nate

Am I totally wrong in assuming this band's music has some relevance to Enigma? I have very limited exposure to Music.

wonderful, Nate

Am I totally wrong in assuming this band's music has some relevance to Enigma? I have very limited exposure to Music.
They are an independent band with no relation to Enigma, but I do get how you would see a connection. This is a guy out in Vegas that does a lot of unique music. If you like this ambient style, I can recommend a number of bands that really do it well, or introduce you to the roots of this genre. I personally got into it via the Blade Runner soundtrack by Vangelis.

Back