• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

why do friggen Vegas keep going out?

It seems the more involved I get with something the more this shyte kicks out...it comes up 'Vegas not working' and then I have to open it again and it only saved part of what I did.

If I work really fast, move this here, cut that change, change this ... thats when it seems to kik out all the time.

Is this normal? It gets really really annoying. I end up saving what I do, close the program and open it again in order for it to save what I just did.

Is this a Vegas thing or do all editing programs do this??? I KNOW its not my computor becuase its new.

It seems the more involved I get with something the more this shyte kicks out...it comes up 'Vegas not working' and then I have to open it again and it only saved part of what I did.

If I work really fast, move this here, cut that change, change this ... thats when it seems to kik out all the time.

Is this normal? It gets really really annoying. I end up saving what I do, close the program and open it again in order for it to save what I just did.

Is this a Vegas thing or do all editing programs do this??? I KNOW its not my computor becuase its new.

The first thing I'd try is reinstalling the program and running a virus and malware scan. If that doesn't help, it probably is your computer. Editing programs are very resource intensive, so even a new computer may not be able to handle them well. If you post the specs on your computer, someone might be able to offer insight into whether that's the case.

Which version of V do you have?
Are you using a Dell?
Try what Cameron suggested. Also, I rarely use my editing computer to go online. PC's pick up gunk on the web.
Also, what format are you editing? Try transcoding the files to something else and see what happens.

How much RAM does it have? What's the processor speed? And what kind of video card does it have? The only way the internet is going to affect it is if you end up with a virus or malware.

How much RAM does it have? What's the processor speed? And what kind of video card does it have? The only way the internet is going to affect it is if you end up with a virus or malware.

Vegas, last I checkws doesn't use GPU much, RAM requirements are minimal too, I only have 4 gig and system is very stable.

About malware and viruses? Ewwww. They're really out there. Yucky. Keep your NLE safe!

Your problem has happened to me before. I was working on a stop motion animation which had two jets flying down over a city and then have megatron knock one out of the air. After a hour of work, vegas crashed, and all that work was gone

Back