• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Who wants writing credits?

So I just wrote this fantastic short script, but there's one problem.

Here's the 5 page shooting script
(https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&...YTRhMi00ZTNmLWIyZmMtYmE2M2QwMmVlMDll&hl=en_US)

Before I tell you the problem(and how you can get writing credits) I'll give you the jist of the story.

A kid is sitting in his room watching 'The Omen' and he notices a spider on the wall. The point of this short is to express Arachnophobia and what actually goes through your head when you kill a spider. So in a cinematic way the spider takes the form of 'Damien' from 'The Omen'(explained better in the script).

Here's where you guys come in. Obviously using a character from and referencing another movie in your movie can be trouble(finding a look alike, copyrights).
So if you can come up with something to replace Damien with the idea of "Small but Dangerous" I will give you writing credits for your help.

thankyou

A grenade./bomb

A coiled snake

A judgemental glance

An atom

A child that knows the power of a lie.

The spider could be an eye on the wall. Watching.....Watching

Last edited:
Damien is not the only child to ever have been possessed by Satan (what am I saying?!?) so I think you could get away with using an unnamed child who channels the spirit of the devil. People might relate it to The Omen but really it's a fairly general genre.

It's called paedophobia.

A grenade./bomb

A coiled snake

A judgemental glance

An atom

A child that knows the power of a lie.

The spider could be an eye on the wall. Watching.....Watching

I really like some of these and I'll see if they will work. I'll tell you if I use them and keep them coming if you have anymore.

Damien is not the only child to ever have been possessed by Satan (what am I saying?!?) so I think you could get away with using an unnamed child who channels the spirit of the devil. People might relate it to The Omen but really it's a fairly general genre.

It's called paedophobia.

They would relate it because in the script 'The Omen' is playing on the TV.

You do realize that you can't have "The Omen" playing on the TV, right?

That's if you're planning on doing anything with it (festivals, online contests) besides making it for fun.

gelder

They would relate it because in the script 'The Omen' is playing on the TV.

I don't really understand what you mean.

I thought you were looking for alternatives. The alternative that I present is to use the basic plot device of The Omen just without ever referring to the film franchise. Just a scary devil kid.

Back