Who to call about film permit?

I am a total beginner to the whole idea of closing down roads for filming. I've always just filmed on the hush. but this new shoot I'm doing involves a police car prop and a chase, all of which is done and arranged for. The road is public with a 2 mile stretch of no houses or driveways BUT it does have two intersections with stopsigns.

In order to legally do this I will have to have the roads closed and a film permit because there would be serious issues if we were busted or had an accident doing this. I have a $5million general liability plan. No auto plan which is required in some places.

Florida. Tiny county. No film commission or setup for this. Who do I call to get info about a film permit? I don't think it will require a sheriff there to close the road (this is county roads).

Last edited:
I am a total beginner to the whole idea of closing down roads for filming. I've always just filmed on the hush. but this new shoot I'm doing involves a police car prop and a chase, all of which is done and arranged for. The road is public with a 2 mile stretch of no houses or driveways BUT it does have two intersections with stopsigns.

In order to legally do this I will have to have the roads closed and a film permit because there would be serious issues if we were busted or had an accident doing this. I have a $5million general liability plan. No auto plan which is required in some places.

Florida. Tiny county. No film commission or setup for this. Who do I call to get info about a film permit? I don't think it will require a sheriff there to close the road (this is county roads).

You have called the Florida Film Commission and they told you there
is no jurisdiction in your county? In that case it usually means no
permit is needed. You should contact the local city officials - mayor,
city council. Since your tiny county doesn't have a film commission
and does not require permits to film all you need to do is work with
the local police and the city to find our what needs to be done to
close off the road you need.

Is that really called for?
Yes. We're a fairly open community here. People speak their
mind. some bring their politics into threads. If YOU don't
commet the political talk usually dies off. But what I like
indietalk is while it is moderated we usually allow people to