directing Who here is making a movie or short film?

Hi! I know some people on this site who are making films currently. But probably not all, so if your making a movie/short or planning one or wanna make one I’d be very interested to listen. Don't be shy lol. I’d be interested to know what stages everyone is in on their projects and cool stuff like that.

Last edited:
What do you mean by movie? Most people consider only feature length (maybe that's not the case on this board...but ask your neighbor). Are you wondering about shorts also? And what part of the process (pre-, pro-, post-)?

What do you mean by movie? Most people consider only feature length (maybe that's not the case on this board...but ask your neighbor). Are you wondering about shorts also? And what part of the process (pre-, pro-, post-)?

just edited the post title and my first comment. Basically any film, long, short, pre, pro, post. I’m just interested and I love supporting other people’s films as well. It’s really fun for me.

I'm making a movie, Het hart van de wereld..........I tested a part of the script as a short movie. The script needs to rewritten at least 2 more times. I will start working on it again after I finish my first future documentary about the LBB ........and a different documentary project that is in the pipeline. So that will be 1 or 3 years from now...

I'm making a movie, Het hart van de wereld..........I tested a part of the script as a short movie. The script needs to rewritten at least 2 more times. I will start working on it again after I finish my first future documentary about the LBB ........and a different documentary project that is in the pipeline. So that will be 1 or 3 years from now...

1to 3 years! Dayum. That will give u ALOT of time to plan the film and make arrangements. Basically 3 years of low-key pre-production right there. As the sayin goes the more pre-production the better the film will be!

I'm wrapping up production on my fourth feature. I still have three days left of filming, and most of what we've shot has been cut. I'm also working on a few short films to experiment some new techniques and ideas.

I am in the middle of writing a couple of different scripts/series. I am also brainstorming a couple of ideas for a Christmas themed short (one that would be really short).

Someone on my team has a rough outline for a series based upon a haunted Native American mask (my understanding is that the Native American background won't be explored but hinted at). Slowly, the spirit that haunts/follows the mask will possess the holder/wearer. We hope to shoot the first episode/pilot in March.

I am in the middle of writing a couple of different scripts/series. I am also brainstorming a couple of ideas for a Christmas themed short (one that would be really short).

Someone on my team has a rough outline for a series based upon a haunted Native American mask (my understanding is that the Native American background won't be explored but hinted at). Slowly, the spirit that haunts/follows the mask will possess the holder/wearer. We hope to shoot the first episode/pilot in March.
That sounds interesting, altho having some more the Native American background in a film with a Native American mask might get more better reviews and all. It would just take a Native American animated backstory legend type scene to flesh it out.

Last edited:
That sounds interesting, altho having some more the Native American background in a film with a Native American mask might get more better reviews and all. It would just take a Native American animated backstory legend type scene to flesh it out.

I see where you are coming from, but no one is meant to recognize the spirit. I want to be able to show the spirit in the background a few times. Doing so and making the creature an exact representative of the Native culture (I can't even remember the tribe who inspired his story) could be seen as disrespectful. Like I said, it inspires the story but we aren't using every element from the story and the origin of the mask won't be Native American but ambiguous. The mask is going to be found deep inside a cave.

Hi! I know some people on this site who are making films currently. But probably not all, so if your making a movie/short or planning one or wanna make one I’d be very interested to listen. Don't be shy lol. I’d be interested to know what stages everyone is in on their projects and cool stuff like that.
i started to work on a micro budget short but had to postpone because of a medical emergency.
here is what i shot so far

Last edited:
if you like watching what i am presently up to here is a link to what i already shot.
if you want to watch more shorts simply click on my channel... and please watch it on youtube.

Last edited:
I'm constantly writing music and scores for shorts and features. So always on the go.
My company (@iMovieShout) also undertakes sound design, VFX creation, video / film editing, blah blah blah.

We've also just created a new community film club called Chichester Film Makers, and already have 2 shorts slated for next year, of which one is in script review / editing whilst we sort out costumes, makeup and finalise locations, and crew schedules for early Spring 2024. Actors, Director, Producers, 1st AC, 1st AD and sound are already in place.

Last edited:
I'm working on a sequel to my documentary. And I run a film festival. And a series of filmmaking educational videos.

What stage are YOU at? What are you doing?

Back