Where to watch short films online?

I feel like this may be a newbie question, so I'm posting this here. I have searched youtube, vimeo, and google looking for good websites to watch short films, film festival shorts, etc. I can't seem to find any good websites. I want to see popular shorts and poorly made shorts. If anyone can point me in the right direction with some links I'd really appreciate it.

The screening room here is a great place to start. See what people have made then see what people say.

All the members here with websites generally have their stuff on them too ;).

I agree with Paul, there are plenty of poorly made films posted here daily. Look for threads with lots of views but no replies. Lot of people here are into the "if you can't say anything nice . . ." thing. :)

Good luck!

There's lot's of well made stuff too. People offer constructive criticism on most everything, it's welcome.

"Crap" isn't crap when you're new and looking for advice, tips and improvement. It's only truly crap when it's posted by a jackass know-it-all who's already convinced his product is the best stuff ever.

:)

A little off topic, BUT

As a filmmaker I think you have to take the criticism you get in a forum like this one with a grain of salt. As filmmakers we tend to nit pick technical details to death, where a "regular audience" might have a totally different reaction. I mean it's good stuff, and it's good to hear it, but don't let it destroy your faith in a film until you see how the average watcher perceives it.

Back