• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Where to send script?

I was wondering where to send a finished script? If anyone knows, please let me know by either replying here, or emailing me. Thanks alot.
:yes:

djmmjd764 said:
I was wondering where to send a finished script? If anyone knows, please let me know by either replying here, or emailing me. Thanks alot.
:yes:
You need to either send it to a production company if you're looking for someone to buy the script and produce the movie, or to an agent if you are looking for representation.

It's difficult to give you anymore detail because your question is too generic.

Production Companies can be found by buying the Hollywood Creative Directory - agents by checking the Writers Guild web site and the Hollywood Representation Directory.

If you have a finished script, the first thing you want to do to protect yourself is to visit http://www.wga.org and register your script. Even if you're not a WGA member, you can still register them online for $20USD. This protects you in case someone uses your script without your permission, someone creates a derivitave of the script and the WGA registration date can even be used as evidence in court in your defense. IMHO, $20 is a small price to pay.

Filmjumper said:
Indycine,

Nice to see you over here as well... I think you'll like it.

filmy

Zensteve said:
'sup, Mr Cine :cool:

...and 'sup Mr djmmjd764 :)

(Don't forget to copyright with Uncle Sam, in addition to registering with WGA.)

Thanks for the welcome Filmy, and Zen, my kiwi friend. Sooo much nicer, already. How you guys?

Back