• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

Where to find low cost voiceover talent?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone recommend sites to find low cost voiceover narration talent?

I found some sites but they want $1,500 for a 1,000 word project. Not gonna shell out that kind of money for just a YouTube / Internet release mockumentary!

I doubt I will find the voice I'm looking for. I need a deep baritone, gravely serious and dramatic American voice. Also open to an older British voice (doesn't have to be a deep baritone). Tried putting a notice on NowCasting. Once upon a time this site would yield hundreds of responses. This time just a grand total of 3 submissions. LOL

I had a look at Fiverr. There's at least some high end talent on there, but not THE voice that would cause me to fork up $150 - $350. One guy has potential but doesn't want to lift a finger to record for me a demo of the type of voice that I'm looking for.

What is it with voiceover artists? They're like dwarfs and studio teachers. They all seem to want to be paid top dollar.

If worse comes to worse I can do a decent job running my voice through a harmonizer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back