Where to buy equipment: BH / EVS / ???

I need to buy the Panasonic DVX100, is BH and EVS the two most reliable places to purchase the camera?

I was also wondering about the price, does anyone else know where I can purchase the camera cheaper?

But, if BH or EVS is where I should buy the camera, please let me know.

Thanks!

BH or EVS, either one. I've had problems in the past with EVS service (buying in store, not mail order), but all in all they're probably comparable.

B&H are good peeps, yes. :)

They are not quite the cheapest but their rep offsets that, especially when it comes to big-ticket items.

I've bought several goodies from B&H, and have never had a problem.

B&H should not be a last minute emergency resort, mind you. They close down for certain holidays (and announce that in advance on their site). Check for holiday closings on the site, before ordering a UPS NDA emergency item.

_______

I have no idea about EVS

Go to ResellerRatings.com to get an idea of who sells teh DVX100a and then scan different sellers. You have to ask yourself if saving a couple hundred dollars buying from some unknown seller who may of may not sell you a good camera or all the accessories that are supposed to come with the camera is worth it.

B&H and EVS are very highly rated and give you piece of mind, now that's not to say they don't have the occassional problem.

Scott

Back