When filming, please inform the police.

That's pretty funny. :lol:

I especially like the bit where it says the coppers had them under surveillance for an hour before moving in.

Zensteve said:
That's pretty funny. :lol:

I especially like the bit where it says the coppers had them under surveillance for an hour before moving in.

You'ld think that the people not in suits, you know the ones waving the camara around not the guns, would have clued the cops into the fact that this wasn't your normal run of the mill gangsters.

Oh man, gangsters with camaras, what IS the world comming to?

Mikey D said:
You'ld think that the people not in suits, you know the ones waving the camara around not the guns, would have clued the cops into the fact that this wasn't your normal run of the mill gangsters. Oh man, gangsters with camaras, what IS the world comming to?

Perhaps the police were film buffs and remembered 'After the Fox' starring Peter Sellers and Victor Mature. Sellers character poses as a famous director as a cover for his criminal activitites.

I think the students should ask for the police surveillance tape, it could look pretty cool in their film.

Steven

I guess fellow indie filmmakers should learn a lesson or two from this, you want realitic police shoot out, hire a crane, shoot criminal actors infront of the most likely location for swat team to arrive, get your grandma to tip off the cops and have the script written to leave room for improvised dialogue between cops and actors. Hell, you may as well go all out and wire some squibs up and put blanks in the guns to enhance the experience!

Yeah, definitely want to talk to the police about these things first. Maybe even see if you can get an off duty officer to come with you or something... There have been plenty of stories about these things happening even when the police were notified beforehand.

Something like this happened to me three years ago while filming. I was 16 at the time and it was a very interesting experience. Our tape was also taken, but we later retrieved it.

The filim is yet unreleased, although has been finished for the last year.

It's happened again! :lol:

COPENHAGEN, Denmark (AP) -- Two Danish police officers thought they were upholding law and order when they tried to break up a street fight, but ended up red-faced when they realized they had interrupted a film shoot, a newspaper reported Friday.

Rest of article here

Mel Gibson in Lethal Weapon. I'm not sure which one it happens but he stops a criminal that is actually an actor working on location. It disrupts the shoot and yadda, yadda, yadda.

haha, funny stuff. good publicity though, and the indie filmmakers should make the most of the attention they got/getting!

That was the first one...Danny Glover's character's daughter was an actress in the film Gibson broke up. In fact, it was HER he was rescuing. That was a great scene, come to think of it.

Back