• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Wheats kid at it again

Nice, so is she taking some film classes at school or something? Lucky gal!

Looks pro, shooting wise. That plus the edit gave it a nice atmosphere. You can tell there's something there.

I guess my only complaint would be to do with the nature of teasers themselves. Basically, this alone didn't make me want to watch the finished film, because it gave me no indication of what it's about. There's a dude who's upset/stressed? A tough-looking guy comes over to his house and then leaves...

IMHO teasers should be used only when it's something the audience is already waiting for: a big sequel or adaptation of popular IP. But that's just my two cents.

Just out of curiosity, how much of this film was her and how much was you?

IMHO teasers should be used only when it's something the audience is already waiting for: a big sequel or adaptation of popular IP. But that's just my two cents.
I'd agree with that. A teaser about something completely unknown is (usually) not very compelling.

Sorry Wheat.

On another note; good to see that you're still rocking, and that your daughter is getting more into it as well.

Last edited:
dont be sorry. She just got excited to do some editing. I like it. There is some story there. Pretty good flow and timing. teaser like these are just to make the cast\crew feel good not actually promote anything.

No special classes at HS. She was able to pick a final project, could have been anything, she picked making a short film.

Cool. I'd never heard of a senior project before outside of, say, a final for a particular class.

I'm sure she'll ace it with this. :)

Im on camera working to her shot list.

She did and is doing everything else.
So far she owned the following activities.

Writing
Auditions
Selecting talent
Running meetings
Rehearsals
Securing locations
Directing talent
Blocking the scenes
Feeding the cast \ crew
Making props
Costumes

Wow, this looks like an impressive project for a first-time filmmaker! And of course I don't mean that as a back-handed compliment. I'm impressed, that's all.

Mostly, I'm just happy to see that your teenage child is sharing in your love of cinema, and that she's apparently passionate about doing it herself. This makes me feel all warm and bubbly inside. You must be one awesome dad. :)

Back