What's Up Guys

Hey, my name is Dalton Frey. I am an 18 year old freshman at the University of Toledo who has fairly recently fell in love with cinema and the idea of making films. Hopefully by coming here, I can meet people with similar interests and learn a thing or two about film making :) .

what are you studying in Toledo? (just curious, do they have a film program?)

I guess I'm technically a "Communication" major right now, but I'm really undecided. They do have a newer "Film and Video" major they offer a bachelors degree in, but I'm staying away from that. I kind of want to get my degree in something else and teach myself film making, even if it amounts to just something I do for fun.

I only ask because I live fairly close to Toledo, and for the past few years have been debating with myself over whether or not I want some schooling in filmmaking.

I only ask because I live fairly close to Toledo, and for the past few years have been debating with myself over whether or not I want some schooling in filmmaking.

I have a friend who's a Film-Video major. I'll try to bring it up to them and see what they think about the program. I might take a few of their classes myself later on.

The one thing that really turns me away from majoring in it is that it's kind of a crossover between film making, live theatre, and even some acting all thrown into one degree. Considering only film making really interests me, I wouldn't want to spend $40,000 on four years of education trying to get the full degree, but I'm sure some of their individual classes have a lot to offer.

Here's the majors page from their website if your interested....

http://www.utoledo.edu/cvpa/academic_programs/film_video.html

I have a friend who's a Film-Video major. I'll try to bring it up to them and see what they think about the program. [/url]

You should ask him if he needs actors, or wants to act in some films himself. (This offer goes to you as well)

Thanks man, I'll keep it in mind.

I want to start shooting my first short in the next month or so. My friend I was talking about is only a freshman (although she does have some film experience from high school) and since we're both interested in the same stuff and both just trying to learn right now, I might invite her on as a co-director, producer, DP type thing. Basically we would just split nearly all of the duties on this project and learn together and from each other... assuming she does in fact want in (we discussed this possibility awhile ago, just haven't got to the part where we actually do it yet lol)

Anyway, when this small project does get going, I'm sure I'll be looking for some actors and helpers. I'll let you know. I really never worked on anything else, but if you need any services I have to offer, I'm always available.

Well, I'm a writer and an actor, I specialize in comedy, I and my sketch troupe have performed live, and in many filmed sketches. I only direct because I have to, which of course forces me into the position of DP, editor, sound editor, and pretty much everything else.

We're working on a comedy web series now, if you're interested in being involved with that.

Depending on how time consuming it is and where your guys shoot at, I might be able to lend a hand. Go ahead and PM me if you want (or put it here, doesn't matter to me either way lol.)

Hey, my name is Dalton Frey. I am an 18 year old freshman at the University of Toledo who has fairly recently fell in love with cinema and the idea of making films. Hopefully by coming here, I can meet people with similar interests and learn a thing or two about film making :) .

'sup, Dalton. I'm sure you will. :cool:

Back