What's a good camera with a good autofocus?

I want a camera that is good for autofocus, as I would like to shoot without a focus puller, especially if someone else is shooting and I am doing sound or another duty.

I would like one that has interchangeable lenses that would give me more options. I checked out some DSLRs are at the store, but the autofocus's were too slow on those, and couldn't keep up. My two friends have cameras that have great autofocus, and they said they never had a problem once while making their projects. The only problem is, is that the lenses are built on. Any DSLRs are cameras, with good autofocus, where I can change lenses?

Thanks.

but seriously, question after question after question about nothing useful that someone couldn't already know looking at google.
I dunno.

I'm seriously considering using Stef's idea to make a Spongebob GIF.

And if anyone else feels so inspired GOPHERIT!

We could have a challenge to see how many of us can make a short before H does!

Well my one friend does not want to lend the camera unless it's for bigger movies he says. The other can lend his but his has too much barrel distortion on his lens, for close ups, and I would like to avoid that. He also cannot shoot at 24fps and is lacking on manual controls, which I prefer as well. Sorry for all the questions, it's just their are some situations I find myself not being able to get deep focus on a steadicam, such as at night or something like that. Plus in order to light for deep focus, my friend who I got to act for me, is having a very hard time not squinting on camera at such bright light. But it's okay. I will take the advice given before and try to figure out deep focus better for more situations. Thanks for all the advice. I really do appreciate it all, and need to figure out how to overcome road blocks more.

Last edited:
gm6q4R.gif

Source material ---> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYDm1oAyyFM

Last edited:
Well my one friend does not want to lend the camera unless it's for bigger movies he says. The other can lend his but his has too much barrel distortion on his lens, for close ups, and I would like to avoid that. He also cannot shoot at 24fps and is lacking on manual controls, which I prefer as well. Sorry for all the questions, it's just their are some situations I find myself not being able to get deep focus on a steadicam, such as at night or something like that. Plus in order to light for deep focus, my friend who I got to act for me, is having a very hard time not squinting on camera at such bright light. But it's okay. I will take the advice given before and try to figure out deep focus better for more situations. Thanks for all the advice. I really do appreciate it all, and need to figure out how to overcome road blocks more.

dude seriously, stop with the troll feed, quit filmmaking, stop the excuses and live a happy free life.

or stop writing trash all the time about why you want this but cant do that and need this but cant get that etc etc etc etc etc etc etc.. and just make something for the love of god!

your next post ever in any forum should not be a reply unless its a GIF or movie file at least!!!

Well I already did post that short film like three weeks ago, with the random city shots, how many more do you want before I can seek more filmmaking advice? The questions refer to a short I hope to shoot soon, and currently acquiring actors and crew for it. And I did take the advice that was given before about using autofocus, so I figure I could at least ask what camera is good for that, since the store could show me any that was fast enough.

So since I am in pre-production I figure I might as well figure out ways to shoot it, but I will just shoot it anyway.

And thanks for the youtube example. The Canon 70D performs much better autofocus it looks like.

Last edited:
A recent 48hfp film shot where I am was done in 2 or 3 continuous scenes (with clever cuts so it looked seamless), but one of them had something similar with a lone backlight beaming through a woman's shirt.

A recent 48hfp film shot where I am was done in 2 or 3 continuous scenes (with clever cuts so it looked seamless), but one of them had something similar with a lone backlight beaming through a woman's shirt.
Aw, c'mon, Stef.
Shoot something this evening, load it in the 'puter, run it through the NLE, make a gif upload, and share it here!
TONIGHT!
Before H does!

Hey, Foster. How'd u get that nice big animated GIF made? http://i978.photobucket.com/albums/ae262/fostersaccount/animated-clark_zpsc2daf80d.gif

word brain fail not braining enough brain *dribble*

boob-smash.gif

Boobies and smashing stuff, both in one classic gif. That's all I got. Sorry.

Oh, ok. Go on then...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0Zh7NgWS0k#t=14

Last edited:
...in order to light for deep focus, my friend who I got to act for me, is having a very hard time not squinting on camera at such bright light.

:lol: Ohhh man, if it's not one thing it's another!!! :lol:

Have you considered some form of laser eye-surgery? If your actor is willing you could have an innovative procedure done so that no amount of lights you shine at him will cause him to squint on camera. Hell, you could even shoot the entire scene while he's sleeping and his eyes will still stay open.

Or, you know, just give him some sunglasses or something.

I find myself not being able to get deep focus on a steadicam, such as at night

So your DOP doesn't know how to use focus, and you've got her doing steadicam shots at night? Smart.

KEEP IT SIMPLE!

Back