What's a good avenue to find actors interested in being part of your film projects?

I saw an Asian girl on Facebook who lives in my city...she was the perfect match for one of my characters in the short film I want to shoot this summer. For awhile she seemed interested, but I guess she got turned off by my lack of "credentials/ sample work" and stopped responding.

This was disappointing...I would have been happy to get a "No" at least. Anyway...welcome to the world of film making right?

------------------ -----------------

I have some actors interested in the movie I am doing, but I'm having trouble filling the remaining slots and I'm worried.

I've hung up "CAST AND CREW WANTED" flyers in college theater departments and other areas around campus....I've put an ad on MINDY.com and got one response, but the guy lives in New York City, not going to make him drive to Alabama for a short film...he doesnt fit the part anyway.

So I need some advice on where to go for some young talented, or maybe just interested actors. I'm new to the area so dont have many contacts, and what friends I have are already helping with the movie, if I can even get started. Still missing my star cast.

PS I live in Mongomery, AL

My next target will be posting flyers in another college nearby.

Try the local colleges, theatres, and starbucks. That's where actors are.

I saw an Asian girl on Facebook who lives in my city...she was the perfect match for one of my characters in the short film I want to shoot this summer. For awhile she seemed interested, but I guess she got turned off by my lack of "credentials/ sample work" and stopped responding.

This was disappointing...I would have been happy to get a "No" at least. Anyway...welcome to the world of film making right?

------------------ -----------------

I have some actors interested in the movie I am doing, but I'm having trouble filling the remaining slots and I'm worried.

I've hung up "CAST AND CREW WANTED" flyers in college theater departments and other areas around campus....I've put an ad on MINDY.com and got one response, but the guy lives in New York City, not going to make him drive to Alabama for a short film...he doesnt fit the part anyway.

So I need some advice on where to go for some young talented, or maybe just interested actors. I'm new to the area so dont have many contacts, and what friends I have are already helping with the movie, if I can even get started. Still missing my star cast.

PS I live in Mongomery, AL

My next target will be posting flyers in another college nearby.

But is it reliable? Craigslist has a bad reputation.

I cast an entire feature film using actors (and their connections) I found on craigslist. Craigslist is only bad if you're stupid enough to wire money to strangers for something you've yet to see.

Meet your actors at neutral location and size them up before you invite them to your home.

Back