What would you do?

If a bad movie, then I would only pursue money if you really need it. But I thank you for the link so I can write down the name of the con artist. I'll be sure to always pass the info along to others too. I hate jackasses like this bitch you worked with.

Last edited:
torch her house. then scream like a maniac " you dont fuuuu******in meesss wiithhh mee" she'll get the message.

Last edited:
If you feel you have enough evidence and want to take it to a small claims then do it. It would mean taking time off work to argue it out in a courtroom - thats if she bothers to shows up.
Even if the judge rules in your favour, it doesn't mean you will see a dime and probably never will...she will have had a judgement against her...sadly...it means squat to many people.

She clearly isn't professional and I hate to say this but based on what I read in your post, you should have paid close attention...actions speak louder than words. My red button alert went off when I read she didn't have a car - pretty much anything - but she wanted to make a movie at everyone elses expense. Sorry, but if someone who wants to make a movie doesn't at the very least have their own transport - thats a bit odd - even if they live in downtown Manhattan.

People are big time users out there. That was her intention all along. She figured she would sucker whoever she could into giving their time and effort away for her. When she found a 'friend' to finish the job, she was finished with you because she knew you would probably persue her further for money in some fashion. She had no intention of paying you so she had to disgard you.

Perhaps politics is a line of work she should consider.

Either way, more of your time will be spent filing a suit against her. Sometimes it makes you feel better to do so...let them know they cannot use and abuse you. No matter what, it is almost 100% guarentee that the girl wont pay a dime.

I took someone to court one time. I took a day off work and had all my paperwork. The defendant never showed up and I won...not by default but by evidence. The defendant could have filed an appeal and I would have had to go back to court and re prove my case. In this case they did not. I never got a dime from them. Nothing ever happened after that.

I often wonder if you take a case to court and win...and no payments are made...you could sell that claim to a collection agency and let them deal with it..maybe show up on their credit report...don't know about that.

Next time...listen to your gut..I will bet you a dollar to a donut that something in your gut was telling you 'something aint right about this...'

Last edited:
torch her house. then scream like a maniac " you dont fuuuu******in meesss wiithhh mee" she'll get the message.

I have often thought about writing a story on revenge...like a serial killer who picks up people on the highway hitch hiking ends up picking up another serial killer...so then what happens?

What if a guy stole something from your house? Like a computor. You could kidnap him and lock him in a secret basement and MAKE him fix stolen computors for you to sell.

Stuff like that.

In this case, this girl could get a job with some swanky film company. She could work her tail off for that big bonus at the end...when she goes to collect her big bonus the guy who started this post could step out from behind the mysterious blue curtins in the room. Then he could say 'gotcha'.

Your post contains much wisdom, Libby. I think you're probably right about never seeing a dime.

And, yes, I knew she had zilch going in, but I've been doing this a long time and felt like I ought to "pay it forward" to help out a younger person who was just getting started. I guess no good deed goes unpunished.

And, yes, I knew she had zilch going in, but I've been doing this a long time and felt like I ought to "pay it forward" to help out a younger person who was just getting started. I guess no good deed goes unpunished.
Just don't let it affect how you view future young filmmakers. I promise, we're not all dickbags!

Well as you already posted there is such a thing as kharma. It does kick in sooner or later and the best part of kharma or What goes around comes around...is that it kicks in when the person least expects it.

Some people take pride in that. I have an uncle who prides himself on swindling people. He has no problem in cheating people out of things. One day an illegal who worked for him was injured and was going to sue him - one for the injury and two for hiring an illegal in the first place..can you believe that? An illegal was suing an American for hiring him in the first place...well reguardless...my uncle didn't want to deal with legal issues and so he paid this guy off in cash.

So you see? All the cheatin' he did on people ended up going into the pocket of another cheat in life. He lost that extra loot to someone who thought the exact same way he did and to this day he doesn't see the irony in it.

(fyi - he is an uncle by marriage not by blood - this uncle is not related to me!)

Back