What to watch on Netflix instant queue?

Watch "Helevtica". I know you haven't seen it. Its a movie about the Helvetica font. Thats right, a font. I don't think anyone realized that someone could actually make a freaking 2 hour movie about a font.

Heh. Great film.

I never gave the idea of a film about a font a second thought, but I used to do graphic design for a sign company. Helvetica is literally everywhere. Literally. Totally made sense when I first heard about the doc. :D

Good to see that people are watching The IT Crowd in America. I'm sure you'll be remaking it in the next couple of years...

They already tried.

23_itcrowd.jpg

Would've loved to see Moss take off on American TV, but it was not meant to be. But it was not meant to be. However, Richard Ayoade is directing an upcoming episode of Community. Should be fun.

Last edited:
Really?? can you post a link?? Cause on there "official" page I only see 1DVD or net???

http://www.netflix.com/HowItWorks

It's weird - I only see unlimited streaming and 1 dvd per month ($2 more per month for the dvd option). I am on the 2 at a time blu-ray option and also the unlimited streaming. Though I think that they may only be mentioning the streaming as I read an article a month or two back that they are going to be marketing this option more heavily this year. It's a great service that I've had for a few years now.

I don't Netflix. I can get any movie I want pretty much when I want it online.

I just watched True Grit w/ Jeff Bridges a screener DVD. One day Hollywood will see that people want it now and want it at home and will find ways to make $$ where Pirates & Torrents make the $$.

New distribution models are being formed w/ Netflix and the like. The big concerns will always make the big $$ it's the small ones that are getting pinched nowdays. Home delivery is the future.

Changes are a coming !

They already tried.

23_itcrowd.jpg

Would've loved to see Moss take off on American TV, but it was not meant to be. But it was not meant to be. However, Richard Ayoade is directing an upcoming episode of Community. Should be fun.

I watched some of that on YouTube. Some of the most excruciatingly bad TV I've seen in my life. The American Office was a remake that worked brilliantly, on the other hand.

It's a long shot but did anyone see Richard Ayoade on The Big Fat Quiz of the Year? Hilarious.

And his movie, Submarine, is opening pretty soon. It's supposed to be pretty good even though he's not acting in (or at least not in the major roles). Talented kid, very clever.

I too love the US Office. Much as I love Ricky Gervais there's no way they could have stretched that scenario into the multiple series sitcom that is The US Office. They're very different shows but I love the way that adapted that. But for every good adaptation there's a bunch of terrible ones...

Back