• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch what (sometimes) happens when you search for yourself on youtube

I haven't really been very active in non-film music lately, and most of my work was pretty obscure by design. But every once in a while I run google search on myself and old projects, to see if any reviews I missed or whatnot show up. Not too long ago I found this:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBRvnRaO758

It was a song I did MANY years ago for a tribute cd for the band Current 93 (a favorite of mine). Someone used it for a video of clips from a movie called "Air Doll". Pretty cool, and always nice to know someone remembers something you've done, even if it is a cover. Old recording, and pretty lo-fi, but I did the best I could at the time (2004ish), yanno? Maybe it's different if you are Prince, but I think people re-using my music in youtube videos is great, though I doubt anyone will use one of my songs in a wedding video anyway!

And one I already knew about, but why not share!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3v8QHL6v3M

A *slightly* more recent track (2007), used in a laser effect video.

Back