• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

software What software /app for my purposes?

Hi! Til now I only used iMovie and capcut and it’s almost all I need, but I need a software or preferred an iPhone app, that can do following two things:

-Adjust bpm of a video exactly. So when I have a song and recorded a video to it , then after I changed the bpm of the song - now I need to change the bpm of the video too.
Let’s say it was 100 bpm, but now I need it to be exactly 103 bpm.

-cut out things better then with capcut: let’s say somebody is wearing a watch and I just want to keep the watch and delete the whole image of the person.
Or I want to keep just a sweater.

This is all I need. The simpler the better, but only if it can really do the job well!

Thanks!

Solution
If you're using a metronome or any kind of digital beat that remains constant throughout your track, you can just run the ratios on a calculator.

DaVinci Resolve is free and makes good use of your system's capabilities. In resolve, you can right click on a clip in the edit page, and select "retime controls" from the dropdown menu. A tiny bar will appear directly above your clip. Adjust the size of that bar till it shows the percentage of change you got from your bpm calculations. In your given example, you would drag out the retime bar until you reached 103% and your extant cuts should land on the beats again. With the clip selected, look on the inspector panel on the right side of the screen, and scroll to the bottom. Select...
I'm not completely certain what you mean by adjusting the BPM of the video. Video is not measured in beats-per-minute, but in frames-per-second. Do you mean that you edited the video to cut on the beat of the music, then you changed the tempo of the music, and now the cuts don't match the music any more?

Last edited:
If you're using a metronome or any kind of digital beat that remains constant throughout your track, you can just run the ratios on a calculator.

DaVinci Resolve is free and makes good use of your system's capabilities. In resolve, you can right click on a clip in the edit page, and select "retime controls" from the dropdown menu. A tiny bar will appear directly above your clip. Adjust the size of that bar till it shows the percentage of change you got from your bpm calculations. In your given example, you would drag out the retime bar until you reached 103% and your extant cuts should land on the beats again. With the clip selected, look on the inspector panel on the right side of the screen, and scroll to the bottom. Select Optical flow from the dropdown menu for retime and scaling. If you don't have an Nvidia card, then select any other interpolation method.

That should solve your problem for free.

If you want to get more advanced in the future and plan to edit a lot of videos to music tracks, you might wish to look into some solutions for automating edits to beats. You can even code in perimeter reactions to audio levels if you want, such as making the color of a car pulse with a kick drum, etc. I strongly suspect that someone has already made an AI video cutter that reads audio tracks, since that would be pretty easy, and useful. I'd try just doing a weekly google search for adjacent terms. This year we're in an unprecedented surge of video production tech.

Solution

DaVinci Resolve is free and makes good use of your system's capabilities. In resolve, you can right click on a clip in the edit page, and select "retime controls" from the dropdown menu. A tiny bar will appear directly above your clip. Adjust the size of that bar till it shows the percentage of change you got from your bpm calculations. In your given example, you would drag out the retime bar until you reached 103% and your extant cuts should land on the beats again. With the clip selected, look on the inspector panel on the right side of the screen, and scroll to the bottom. Select Optical flow from the dropdown menu for retime and scaling. If you don't have an Nvidia card, then select any other interpolation method.

That should solve your problem for free.

If you want to get more advanced in the future and plan to edit a lot of videos to music tracks, you might wish to look into some solutions for automating edits to beats. You can even code in perimeter reactions to audio levels if you want, such as making the color of a car pulse with a kick drum, etc. I strongly suspect that someone has already made an AI video cutter that reads audio tracks, since that would be pretty easy, and useful. I'd try just doing a weekly google search for adjacent terms. This year we're in an unprecedented surge of video production tech.

There’s no app of davinci resolve, right?
Is there an app that can do that too?

DaVinci is for computers only. Unfortunately I cannot help you much with apps, other than procreate which is just a painting easel. Best of luck, and if you're having too hard of a time with it, you can always just stretch the music to the video, since it's within a few percent anyway. Worst case scenario.

Back