What should be in my filming utility belt...

Hi guys, so I was wondering what kind of beginner equipment you think I should have for a start. I have the basics on hand - Canon t3i camera, Some greater zoom lens (forgot the name of it), polarizing filter, Zoom External Recorder, tripod, 2 SD cards and that's it. Mainly what I'm asking is what kind of filters, lenses, etc should i look for to cover at least the basic aspects of filming. For example, I know i need to have certain filters to give a feeling to the film I make, and I should have different things to work around the environment. The problem is I know nothing about additional equipment other than what I already have. Can I get some advice please?

You need lighting more than you need filters. You don't mention
a mic. Oversight or your don't have one? do you have any lighting?
Are you interested in lighting or just filters?

Gels, blackwrap, black cloth/duvetyne, a large collection of C-47s and spring clamps, gaffer and camera tape, lots of stingers and powerboards..

I tend to bring along my AC and Gaffer kits with me when I DP, just in case. There are a lot of things, and a lot of money invested in both. I also bring a light meter, I tend to bring a china ball simply because I like the light it gives, and I bring a whole lot of halogen bulbs for prac lights - I find art departmnet always puts the cheap energy-saving fluro bulbs in that look horrendous, so I always swap them out for something a tad nicer.

Hi guys, so I was wondering what kind of beginner equipment you think I should have for a start. I have the basics on hand - Canon t3i camera, Some greater zoom lens (forgot the name of it), polarizing filter, Zoom External Recorder, tripod, 2 SD cards and that's it. Mainly what I'm asking is what kind of filters, lenses, etc should i look for to cover at least the basic aspects of filming. For example, I know i need to have certain filters to give a feeling to the film I make, and I should have different things to work around the environment. The problem is I know nothing about additional equipment other than what I already have. Can I get some advice please?

From my noob perspective I'd choose the following.

For a low budget you need a mic. An NTG-1 should get you started with the kit that needs to come with this. This means a boom, a little head to attach the mic to the boom and if you are shooting outside, a dead cat to stop the wind noise. Headphones are absolutely critical as well.

Lighting - get some dimmable red caps and a reflector.

You want something to edit on / with - e.g. a computer with FCPX

Something to help make the shot more interesting. E.g. a good solid tripod and then sticking a video head on the top.

A clapperboard is a bonus but you can always get someone to clap their hands in front of the camera for each take.

I see a clapperboard (or "slate" in the states) as more than a bonus. I find
one essential to the editing process. And not just to sync audio and video
but to ID and keep track of shots.

Assuming you will own everything and not collaborate with others who
specialize; the minimum equipment I would suggest having on hand is:
a tripod
6 lights with stands
2 china balls
8 extension cords
6 power strips
a slate with marker
a good external mic