What kind of tripod?

I know that I am gonna need something better than the one of have for my sony handycam for my new DVX100B, but there is a significant price gap between the options. I don't mind spending money on quality, but I don't want to throw it away on something I don't need.

What would you guys suggest. I apologize for the annoying question, but I am wanting to buy one asap.

I have worked with Sachtlers, they are great, so since you are willing to pay for quality, check this out. It has the Panasonic powerset as well.

haha. that's really nice but I don't think i need it quite yet. I guess I don't understand what the difference between a 200, 300, and 1900 dollar tripod is.

I know it's just ignorance, but seems like as long as it's well built a tripod is a tripod.

Let's just say I'd like to keep it under 300.

how important is it in the grand scheme of things. I mean, i make a lot of money. I can pay for the 2k tripod, but I don't want to unless it's super important cause I just bought the camera and have to buy lights and a good shotgun mic. You know...I don't want to skimp on the important stuff.

They're good. There's other options just type the head name into B and H (FSB-6).
Here's a deal with the same head and tripod, with a spreader and bag, w/o the Powerset (nice combo). Or there's a carbon fiber tripod with the same combo a few bucks more. If you're wondering the main difference between aluminum and carbon fiber it's only weight. Cheers.

how important is it in the grand scheme of things. I mean, i make a lot of money. I can pay for the 2k tripod, but I don't want to unless it's super important cause I just bought the camera and have to buy lights and a good shotgun mic. You know...I don't want to skimp on the important stuff.

It's all about the fluidity of the pans. Also, like any tool, you pay for quality. I'm an amateur motorcycle mechanic. In most caes a $19.99 socket wrench will do the same job as a $99.99 socket wrench, but the $99.99 one just feels better in your hand and operates smoother.

I do not want to hijack this thread but I am using a really old, broken Velbon SX-621 with my Canon XL2 and 20x IS lens.

I really need something newer and with a quick detach head. However I am probably one of the cheapest people on Earth so I am looking for something second hand for about 40 quid.

What models should I look out for?

Back