What is the Perfect Camera For This?

I need a camera with some specific requirements. Here they are:

1.) It needs to have really good quality.
2.) It needs to be able to control aperture, shutter speed, and field of depth.
3.) It needs a place for a microphone for better audio quality.
4.) It needs to be somewhere between $0 to $2,000.

Thank you!

-Ryan

You're welcome.

I've used the FX7. It's a fine camera. What specifics would
you like to know? Each of those cameras are nearly identical
in specs and absolutely identical in operation. The exception
being the much smaller JVC.

Buying first camera for documentary

I am shooting my first documentary and am looking for a camera that is $2000 or less. I will be filming mostly interviews and some outside shots. Currently, I am using a camera that plugs right into my Mac and allows me to instantly import the footage to iMovie. (This usually takes about 2-3 minutes). In this new camera I am looking for the recording media to be as simple as possible to get onto my computer. I have a couple of questions:

What is the best camera to buy under $2000? What is really important to me is that I am able to add a shotgun mic and lavalier mics, have decent picture quality for the documentary, and that I am able to upload the footage to my Mac with ease. (I currently have a Mac OS X version 10.6.4 and iMovie '08. I might upgrade to a slightly better editing program, but am not sure how far I will go with this project.)

thank you for your help

What is the best camera to buy under $2000? What is really important to me is that I am able to add a shotgun mic and lavalier mics, have decent picture quality for the documentary, and that I am able to upload the footage to my Mac with ease.
Check out the Canon GL2, the Sony HDR-FX7, the Sony HVR-HD1000U, the JVC GZ-HM1, the Panasonic AG-HMC and the Sony HXR-MC50.

lol, directorik is getting a little snowballed here.

im sure his choices r good even though i have not used half of those cameras.

i would add that if u have ur end purpose in mind whether its a documentary or a short etc, there is a certain look and feel u want. type all of directoriks cameras into utube, vimeo etc and check out test footage. then ull know which camera comes closest to wat u have in mind.

Back