• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

What is the best way to deliver a video project?

I have been just committing projects to dvd but I have a brief project where I want to do the project and put it on a disk so that they can upload it.

I was thinking that maybe I might need to export it differently so I could put it on the disk so they could just drag it onto their desktop and upload from there.

Any advice?

-- spinner :cool:

You can use something like Handbrake or Super to encode your existing output format to either

Divx (for DVD quality)

or .MKV for blu ray quality

Whatever you do you'll need to include the associated codec installer on each disk, so people without those codecs can use them.

If you want high compatability without the need for a codec installer, check the windows native list.

I suspect your options become limited there though, and at that point, maybe just a format DVD would be better.

If they are uploading to a website, I would find out what the site requires (for example, H.264 is a common codec recommendation for web uploads to sites like YouTube or Vimeo). Or, if they are putting on their own site, maybe they have specific requirements; in this case, ask!

Back