What is most important to you at this point in your filmmaking career?

Hi friends! I work for a film network (kind of like Vimeo or Tongal) where we host film opportunities for filmmakers to create content for brands and then the filmmakers win money or prizes if they are top films. Has anyone ever participated in something like this? I am working on understanding how we can make opportunities more fulfilling for filmmakers. What is most important to you at this point in your filmmaking career? Winning cash prizes, building your portfolio, being connected with mentors in the film industry, etc? Thank you!

I've been out of the business for a while, so I guess the most important thing to me right now is to get back on track. I'm changing direction in my video career and I'll be trying to figure out how to best market my skills and have that turn into gainful employment.

-- spinner

Last edited:
I've been out of the business for a while, so I guess the most important thing to me right now is to get back on track. I'm changing direction in my video career and I'll be trying to figure out how to best market my skills and have that turn into gainful employment.

-- spinner
Good to see you!

we host film opportunities for filmmakers to create content for brands and then the filmmakers win money or prizes if they are top films
I've seen versions of this, but mostly they are brands soliciting for pitches, and the winning pitch is given a budget to create the product they've pitched. I'm on the fence about it, but I am much more accepting of that than having everyone use money to make something for a brand but only the 'winning' film getting a prize or cash.

I've always been somewhat concerned about intellectual property and the stealing of ideas without pay on these kinds of platforms...

What is most important to you at this point in your filmmaking career?
Making money...

Back