What in your Opinion is the

Best HD camera to shoot in a low-light and tight location (25fps)?

I've been checking out DSLR's do you think they can do as good a job as a pro camcorder?

Many thanks guys, Jim.

For low light, you can't beat DSLR. I wrote a couple blogs about the subject, one on the pros and the other on the cons, of shooting DSLR. I had them peer-reviewed. Check them out.

The problem with tight location, for DSLR, is crop factor. To be honest, I'm not sure how DSLR compares to camcorders, as far as shooting in tight quarters is concerned (though, I imagine they're probably better). Perhaps someone else will step in and answer that?

Last edited:
For low light, you can't beat DSLR. I wrote a couple blogs about the subject, one on the pros and the other on the cons, of shooting DSLR. I had them peer-reviewed. Check them out.

The problem with tight location, for DSLR, is crop factor. To be honest, I'm not sure how DSLR compares to camcorders, as far as shooting in tight quarters is concerned. Perhaps someone else will step in and answer that?

Crop factor is a product of sensor size, and there are only a handful of video cameras with sensors that even come close to the ones in DSLRs. For low-light, tight shooting you can't beat the 5D MKII - the only way you can have a larger frame is if you shoot on IMAX.

Back