• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

what editing software is best?????

i need to buy editing software i have been looking at final cut studio pro #3 or 4 very expensive 1800$ but i dont use mac. what do u think about editing with OS EX what do you sugest?

Lefteye said:
It was the academic version which is identical to the retail version. In fact, the only difference is the splash screen and the box.

Indeed they are the same, but I was told once....and I might of read this on indietalk... the real difference between the academic and retail version is that you're not supposed to be making a profit off the use of the academic version vs. the retail. The academic version is meant for purely educational means. Which if this is true, then it's a bunch of Crap in my opinion because students need more money than professionals sometimes.

CommanderGoat said:
Indeed they are the same, but I was told once....and I might of read this on indietalk... the real difference between the academic and retail version is that you're not supposed to be making a profit off the use of the academic version vs. the retail. The academic version is meant for purely educational means. Which if this is true, then it's a bunch of Crap in my opinion because students need more money than professionals sometimes.

Very true...

Back