• Wondering which camera, gear, computer, or software to buy? Ask in our Gear Guide.

What do you guys think?

I have an idea for a film, opens with a guy about to commit suicide, he is emotionally dead and right at the end of the line. He turns the gun into his mouth and fires. The camera zooms straight into his mind, how ever that happens, and the film unfolds as his life flashing before his eyes. The highs, lows, everything in between including the moment that spurs his decision to suicide. The Audience will obviously know the ending before it happens, but the interest in it will be how he reaches that point.

What do you guys think?

Orrr

What if you did it backwards to what you just said. So all the events that pushed him to this; then zoom out of his eye and as the audience understands what just happens, the guy, well, blows his brains out.

Thanks OP, Iv thought about this some more.. not specifically, but more in a general sense...

My comments about "style over substance" are maybe in error. In writing good entertaining stories, having a hook is a good thing. Something that turns the readers emotions from this to that.. Seems that a visual hook should work in much the same way. Your visual hook, a bullet POV from inside the barrel of a gun.... Go with it, have the "looking out of a tube" theme be elsewhere in the film.

Maybe as a child he runs around pretending that an empty toilet paper roll is a telescope.. we see that POV.. Not a lot, just a bit..

Maybe in other scenes hes meeting someone in a "tunnel" a nice round tunnel. echoing that inside the barrel theme..

you get me..

so as "style" the theme BECOMES substantive.. make sense?

Back