WHAT CAMERA TO BUY????

I just wondered if anyone could give me some advice on what camera to buy. I love film making, and I am looking at the Canon HV20 / HV30. I just wondered if you could give me any information on any of these cameras, and advise any others that would be great for me to buy?

I have a budget of around £400, as I am 16, and I love film making as a hobby, and I want to go into the film industry. I would like the camera to be decent and good quality, for example I want a camera with mic imputs, manual focusing, different frame rates like 24p etc. Maybe someone could give me some info on what to buy, and what to avoid from.

Thanks very much,

Jack.

The canon vixia hf-m30... or any of the HF series for that matter would probably be a good choice for you. They range from 250 at the cheapest (R100) to the more expensive ones around 700. I use the HF M30. I got it for around 400 bucks, it was 600 but on sale. I'm sure you could find it cheap too. It has a mic input, shoots HD, manual focus, multiple frame rates, built in 8 gigs (the m30, not r100). it also has a 37mm thread on the front for attachments. It's def worth taking a look at... at your budget you obviously can't get the best equipment, but you can get something decent.

I just wondered if anyone could give me some advice on what camera to buy. I love film making, and I am looking at the Canon HV20 / HV30. I just wondered if you could give me any information on any of these cameras, and advise any others that would be great for me to buy?
Both models are fine cameras to start with. Not much difference between the two.

You can also check out
Panasonic HDC-HS700
Canon HF S21 (64GB)
Canon HF S20 (32GB)

All a little out of your price range, but good to know about.

Last edited:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Canon+-...393367&skuId=9751908&st=canon hfm30&cp=1&lp=1

Best Buy has the m30 on sale for 400.. right in your price range. Pretty awesome camera, I love mine. VERY few cameras in that price range with mic inputs, let alone everything else it has.

I just thought I'd chip in and say that actually costs less than £400, about £150 ($240) less. Sorry, I don't have any advice about the camera's, just thought I'd help with the maths. not that I don't think you can do the maths, I'm just saving you the work.

I just thought I'd chip in and say that actually costs less than £400, about £150 ($240) less. Sorry, I don't have any advice about the camera's, just thought I'd help with the maths. not that I don't think you can do the maths, I'm just saving you the work.

In that case, there are probably a little better cameras in your range.. but I wouldn't shoot down the M30 because it's a bit less.. maybe use some of that money on a good tripod :)

Back