What are you listening to right NOW!

🤔 Does Indietalk offer therapy sessions ... or exorcisms?

Am convinced I've been bewitched ... can't stop thinking about my Bohemian Girl ...

... and can't wait till next July to dance with her again at my local festival ... :no:

She said she'd be at another one next month. In Switzerland.

Fekkit - it's only a 1500km round trip ...
It's genuinely nice to hear that there are still people out there living what I used to call life. This sounds exactly like something I would say in 2000. They were good times. I hope it works out for you, the violinist lady seems nice. I dated a cellist from an orchestra for a while, and met many of her friends, and classical musicians in general seem to be a very nice group of people, cultured and intelligent.

🤔 Does Indietalk offer therapy sessions ... or exorcisms?

Am convinced I've been bewitched ... can't stop thinking about my Bohemian Girl ...

... and can't wait till next July to dance with her again at my local festival ... :no:

She said she'd be at another one next month. In Switzerland.

Fekkit - it's only a 1500km round trip ...

Fell in love with the girl at the rock show ?

Last edited:
I don't like the harpsichord, and I'm not all that keen on baroque music even if you take the harpsichord out

Sir Thomas Beecham: The sound of a harpsichord is two skeletons copulating on a tin roof in a thunderstorm.

I Just listened to a lecture by Prof Greenberg where he quoted this (teaching company, now rebranded Wondrium!, lol.) However, he does say that the harpsichord (named so, I just learned, because it's a horizontal harp!) is a perfect instrument for contrapuntal keyboard stuff like fugues and cannons--no range of dynamics or articulation, so each voice, by necessity, is separate and equal.

I don't know about perfect; I prefer Glenn Gould's piano. However, for the Goldberg Variations, if I'm not playing Gould I pick Chiara Massini on harpsichord. The right hand lagging a little behind the left, is, I think, really nice

And, parenthetically, if in some other universe I were somehow to dance with Ms. Massini, I would be counting the kilometers to Rome. :). Here, in the first set of inventions, she knocks me out with that little smile at the camera. And you can really hear what Prof. Greenberg means re. counterpoint.

OK. In an attempt to get Celtic Rambler to reconsider, here is a second set. The first one, #8, is, I think, particularly cool.

Although, I suppose, I can get not being too enthusiastic about the rest of the Baroque cannon beyond Bach, aside from the greatest hits: Vivaldi, Four Seasons; Pachelbel, Cannon in D (more a passacaglia than a cannon--Greenberg again, lol); Handel, Water Music; Corelli, Christmas Concerto, etc. Bach is not a typical baroque composer. He transcends the typical; he is his own category.

But anyway.

Last edited:
Fell in love with the girl at the rock show ?
Thought it was more a case of Cinderella at first, when she disappeared on the stroke of midnight 2am just as I hurrying towards her to ask for one last dance. Gone, just like that, and not even a glass slipper left behind ...:abduct:

But she was back for the next evening, the whole of it. And she brought her violin for the post-dance jam session. :cool:

In an attempt to get Celtic Rambler to reconsider, here is a second set. The first one, #8, is, I think, particularly cool.
Ah yeah, I'm very familiar with that particular piece ... though I'd stop short of describing it as cool. More "alright-ish" - good background music. :devil:

To the best of my knowledge, I've never been insulted, abused or otherwise psycholocigally traumatised by a harpsichord, but ... I dunno ... it just doesn't strike my ear as a musical instrument - only a load of twanging. Which, I'll admit, is a bit weird, because I could listen for hours to most of it's twangy cousins - harp, (classical) guitar, zither ...

Perhaps it's the musico-engineering equivalent of the AI situation? With the other plucked-string instruments, you have your fingers on the strings, at least one from each hand, and can transmit your creative energies and emotion directly into the note; with the harpsichord, the player is just a programmable key-pusher. Other than using or not using a damper, there's nothing you can do to modulate the sound: it's twang or no twang, next note please. 🧐

Unlike this:

Last edited:
I'm not familiar with this band. Really dig their sound in this song. I haven't read the lyrics. Numerous people complained about the use of AI in the comments. No I wouldn't want all videos looking just like this. I do think it looks very cool and stylish. I might have liked a few more high-res, but still painterly, faces in the mix, particularly of the band. I think my favorite visual is of the people or person emerging from the gnarly oil and sand. I'm guessing they didn't have access to Sora, so I'm also guessing they used something else?

Back