What are the best film websites you've found

Hi

I'm working on the web designs for "No Place' and I was wondering what you thought were the best film websites you've ever seen and why you thought they were so good.

I've done some research, but the more I've got to revue with my designer the better.

I'm only looking for sites that advertise either films or film companies.

Ta

http://www.donniedarko.com/

I stumbled across the trailer for Donnie Darko a long time ago and I thought it looked really cool. Well then I looked it up on google and yahoo, and I couldn't find anything about the movie. Even IMDB had little info on it. I looked for a while, but the only thing I could find was this offical website. And what's great about this site is, it so mysterious, it made me want to see the movie even more, without even knowing what the movie was about(I perfer seeing movies that way anyway). The site fit with the feelings of the film very well, I thought.

That's the only one that pops into mind right now.

it made me want to see the movie even more
SEE IT!!!!

Donnie Darko is Awsome. Unfortunatly it tanked at the boxoffice. Since the release of the movie however it has gather quite a cult following. So much so that a directors cut, that I have not seen, was released. I've watched the original many, many times.

Sorry Clive I know that this isn't helpful in your quest for movie web sites but anytime someone talks about Donnie Darko I go all gushy.:blush:

Thanks guys, those are all good starting places.

I'm going to watch them with my web designer and then pick out stuff that works for the "No Place" site.

Ta

I just ran across http://satansplaygroundthemovie.com the other day and it really impressed me.

As a web designer, I was surprised to see that the Flash elements could "float" over a background like they do on this site. Very attractive and simple look to the site, too.

Unfortunately, it looks like it was done with PHP, which I'm not too familiar with. PHP is like the pig latin version of HTML.

Back