Weapons In The Woods?

Anything!

You could have the characters find a mysterious crate in the woods; semi-buried in the river or dirt, etc. They open it up, revealing an assortment of guns! muahhaha.

Anything... and I mean anything... can be found in the woods ;)

Weapons as in guns?
Give more info as in why are we in the forest (was there a zombie uprising? escaping war? camping trip gone wrong cause-my-friend-is-a-killer-wise?)

Huge crate of gun's and ammo with a parachute. The guns are old, the wooden crate is broken and has moss growing, and the parachute is old too.

Machete stuck on a tree.

Dead hunter with a hunting rifle, probably an old rifle. Mosin Nagant or an SKS would be cool.

Abandoned (or no-one is here) camp site, find knives, machetes, rifles or guns.

Abandoned car/jeep, guns are inside.

Old house, oh! Surprise! it's abandoned, there's useful stuff inside, too.

Sticks for beating, clubs, shivs, and with some skill a spear and bow.
You'll need dried willow or cattail stems for the arrow shafts.
Animal sinew or scavenged man made fiber for the string.

Add another stick to a spear and you got yourself a nice atlatl.
Atlatl.jpg

Sticks can also be used to make leveraged and gravity deadfalls.

Sand or even forest ground cover makes good throw-in-the-eyes weapons. Mud, for that matter as well.
Pebbles can be thrown at max velocity at close range as a shotgun effect.
If you have the materials to make a sling, small stones will poke a nasty hole in opponents.
Hand sized rocks hurt when thrown to target.
A hand sized stone hafted to a decent handle makes for a good bludgeoning object.
360_Occpaleo_408.jpg

6a326da13ae19e69719326b2901f77b0b288cbc9.jpg

But again, like the bow & arrow, this is a skill and time issue.

A good ten/twenty pounder dropped from above will stove in a skull.

Vines can be utilized as snares, trip wires or as semi-binding.

Sapling trees and small branches make good face snapping weapons.
If you got the time and resources pull down something larger and lash a sharp stick to it, attach trip line and stay away.

Feces coated punji stick pits will ruin your day.
punji-st.jpg

Just setting the whole GD forest on fire sometimes works, too!

Antler stems also make good stabbing weapons.

Last edited:
Got time to build one of these?

aztecclub001.jpg

Now, a good old fashioned shillelagh is just a cut trunk at the end of a length of handle-worthy stem.

shillelagh.jpg

If I hit you with one of these you probably won't like it.

13thWarrior-AntlerWeapon1_thmb.jpg

Harden your spear tips with fire. Roast 'em!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEZPTSJb7dE

FWIW, your best defensive weapons will be your legs and your heart: put as much distance as possible between yourself and your aggressor.
The most effective & practical offensive weapons will be clubs/stone hammers and spears.

Last edited:
rocks with slings made of some flexible bark
pointed poles as throwing spears, or bigger poles for large combat spears... just sharpen them and fire harden them...
clubs
clubs with spiked because of branches
lasso made from vines
snare traps made from strong fresh bark or vines
if there's long grass, you can twist rope from that.
hidden holes filled with spikes

need more?

And if you have more time there's plenty of things that can be made with animal hides, guts and bones. You can "milk" snakes for poisons, and some plants are poisonous as well.

I'm looking to have stuff around as this turns into a bigger fight when the cyborgs pull these Amazons apart, they get ambushed by the silver demon hunters with some new weapons and stuff lying around the woods. We are filming the rest of this fight in May with all sorts of special effects with outdoor greenscreen and red suits, prop chains, a stunt dummy, and I'm looking for inexpensive new props. I found some prop rocks made of sponge and foam on a web site. But, they are on the expensive side.

423762_3478907173994_1310719072_3404036_1692172287_n.jpg

Okay, for invisible hunters, I think a combination of flying projectile weapons that turn visible and stuff for close-up fighting. But, something an invisible fighter would use besides axes and chains.

I have a whole new chain fight worked out for the pickup footage. I just need to come up with other stuff like a cyborg kicking a boulder into an invisible hunter by tracing him with her thermal scan vision and the boulder knocks the wind out of him.

What's best as invisible is usually in plain sight. Vines can be used to strangle the Amazons and left in plain sight.

It will look like the vines are moving on their own to the humans. But, the cyborgs will see them with their thermal scanning and sneak up behind them and save the humans with surprise pull back shots.

Last edited:
Back