• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch We won an award for 48FHP!

Yaaay! We got an award! :) have no idea for which category but damn! So happy! :)))

Required elements were
Character: Reginald Worthington (banker)
Prop: traffic cone
Line: Holy Crap! Did that really just happened?

We pulled Western genre.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhNUmswOcsg
Bang!

If u haven't seen it, here is the video!
Btw, this must be the only single western movie that has no guns in it lol
Oh and I make a small cameo, in the end. (guy with a cell phone).

We ll find out in 5 days at the award ceremony what category we ve got an award for .

Hooray!!

Last edited:
Thanks! We just wrote the whole screenplay backwards starting from that phrase. Which was kind of different to me but it worked out pretty good!
Thank u for watching!

re

I liked it. Well done. I thought the acting was done well.
It was a twist for sure when he pulls out that card. I thought the fanny pack was funny.
The bad guy did an excellent job acting. The location looked real nice for the train scene. Congrats on your award at the 48 contest.
The train special effect looked real good too.

Last edited:
Thank u for the rewrite rocker!
That's funny how some best things come out simply when u don't have the budget or props lol

we had no gun holsters nor guns so we decided to use a camera bag instead and put a business card instead. Originally he was supposed to whip the card out of the pocket but we thought what the heck, he is obviously not wearing a holster so instead of hiding it - lets close up on the bag as he whips out a card. Last minute decisions :)

The bad guy did tremendous job. The problem is that he never been in front of the camera. When he is relaxed he does an awesome job being this "over the top country cowboy dude" but as soon as I call action - he would freeze up and gimme some lame version of what he was doing during the rehearsal. So all of his reversals were secretly recorded and used later on :)

The train effect was a pain in the arse to do. Originally I had his crazy idea of doing a full on 3d view of a steam locomotive that was 20 seconds long, but my tracking was so terrible that I could get a god set of data do I just grabbed a picture of a toy train, motion tracked a dozen frames, applied a motion blur and threw in a lens grate with a camera wiggle (video copilot woot!). But the most important thing that sold the effect was the sound .

Anyways. Just wanted to write a short BTS post :)

Again, thank you for watching!!

I missed this if you posted it earlier in another thread.

Well done, man! I enjoyed it. "Whatever you want.." :lol: So wrong...
The acting was good all around, only the actress was teeny bit unconvincing/weak.

Congrats on the award!

Bloody good work!

Congrats on the award ... Could easily be up for Best Western

Love that you filmed the Bad Guy in secret ... Now that's a director that knows how to get the best out of his cast

Back