WATCHMEN!

I don't know about y'all.. but I am friggin' psyched for this movie. Maybe it's the kickass trailer or maybe it's cause Zach Snyder might make a pretty good representation of the original graphic novel, but either way I'm curious to see how it will turn out. Besides, it's 20 years in the making right? No other director thought it was possible to make it. I'm reading the book right now and it's addicting. I'd recommend it even if you're not a big fan of comic books.. cause I've never read one but this one is pretty good. Cant wait to finish the novel and see the film.

For those who have read it, my friend mentioned to me today that there are cops in the book but after I have read the first 3 chapters, I was under the impression that the watchmen were the only protection in the country. One of them even mentions it.

Don't get too excited about seeing the film too soon. After WB finished shooting, Fox came up with a legal injunction against the film, claiming having already owned an option on it that was not yet expired. This kind of thing happens, Fox more than likely sat back and kept quiet while WB produced it, knowing they could pull this now and get a percentage of ticket sales, etc. It will get sorted out, but expect it to delay the release.

I see them settling out of court...with WB releasing the film on time and Fox getting a nice cut of the profits.

In any case, I'm jacked for this movie.

I have been waiting for this film since I was in college. I remember hearing a joke about Terry Gilliam not being picked to direct because he wanted to shoot the scenes on the moon on location.

there are no scenes on the moon. there are some scenes on mars though.

"....location, location, location...."

Actually, I saw the trailer for Watchmen on the Scream Awards on Spike TV. There is a March 2009 release date. I think the trailer looks great.....

-- spinner :cool:

Back