• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Vintage Stereon: The False Inspiration (Magnum Opus)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jIFVXyGKEs

This is a commercial i did for a clothing company based in South Florida called Vintage Stereon. Their summer line is called Magnum Opus.

Vintage Stereon Presents The False Inspiration (Magnum Opus)

A Film By Rafal "iamKING" Hanusowski
Http://www.iamKINGxxi.com

LISTEN & DOWNLOAD "Vybemode - Torture"
http://soundcloud.com/vybemode/vybemode-torture
DOWNLOAD "Vybemode - Google Vybemode EP"
http://www.mediafire.com/?htmz4hh3g68q85x

Http://www.VintageStereon.com

Interesting ... visually pretty stylistic and intense..

I dont have a clue what your selling, but fashion is like that..

This is more of what I would call "branded content" its cool stuff the brand paid to have made that is not necessarily about the products.

Id like to know about the biz side of this.. did you do it on spec? budget? etc..

Interesting ... visually pretty stylistic and intense..

I dont have a clue what your selling, but fashion is like that..

This is more of what I would call "branded content" its cool stuff the brand paid to have made that is not necessarily about the products.

Id like to know about the biz side of this.. did you do it on spec? budget? etc..

Thank you, we were definitely aiming to have some shock value with the content.

The concept of this was supposed to show a distressed artist thats searching for some direction and inspiration. His sanity is a bit questioned in this piece. The summer collection we are promoting is named "magnum opus" which means "Great work" so we are hinting that this artists greatest work is yet to come and he's just looking for the inspiration. There is gonna be a follow up to this video that should be reflective of that.

i think you hit the nail on the head, this would be considered branded content.

As far as the business side behind this project, i've built a relationship with the owners of the clothing company over the past year, and they recently presented this series of projects to me and it really intrigued me, this being the first of probably 3 videos. I pretty much have complete control of the creative process so im embracing it almost as my own. Its pretty much a favor for a favor, everyone comes out benefiting. As far as budget, there really was none. This particular one was done with what we had access to at the time. From my understanding, the next video out of the series might require a budget that will be covered by them.

Hey, this is just me riffing with you a bit, dont take me too seriously.. lol

If your doing it on your own time, then you get to call all the shots! If they are paying then you give up control in exchange for resources.

This is not meant to offend anyone, but we are talking fashion, your next video should use more attractive actors. If that dude had been more ripped and had his shirt off, sex appeal would go up... and have more of the girl.. Drop $100 for quality\attractive talent and you will up the appeal of your output. Even anti fashion is a fashion..

With this kinda of thing, it seems to me your trying to create a "narrative" that a viewer can "fantasize" about them selves being in. We only want to see ourselves as perfect physical specimens. Having super sexy talent may seem to go against your target demographic for the product, but were not talking reality, were talking escapist fantasy and thats how we WANT to be perceived regardless of our anti establishment ravings..

Hey, this is just me riffing with you a bit, dont take me too seriously.. lol

If your doing it on your own time, then you get to call all the shots! If they are paying then you give up control in exchange for resources.

This is not meant to offend anyone, but we are talking fashion, your next video should use more attractive actors. If that dude had been more ripped and had his shirt off, sex appeal would go up... and have more of the girl.. Drop $100 for quality\attractive talent and you will up the appeal of your output. Even anti fashion is a fashion..

With this kinda of thing, it seems to me your trying to create a "narrative" that a viewer can "fantasize" about them selves being in. We only want to see ourselves as perfect physical specimens. Having super sexy talent may seem to go against your target demographic for the product, but were not talking reality, were talking escapist fantasy and thats how we WANT to be perceived regardless of our anti establishment ravings..

haha sorry if i came off as if i was taking you "too seriously" i was just responding thoroughly. :cool:

i do agree that the actor could've been much more attractive, the sex appeal in this one definitely wasn't really existant. What we were truly aiming at though was to have the "everyday" male character. Not necessarily trying to create a realist portrayal but a relatable character was no doubt in our intentions.

Back