• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

Vinnie, Turtle, Drama, E, and Ari invite you to Chase Your Dreams

I was seriously considering doing this until I got to this point in the rules

Sponsor, and each of its successors, assigns, and licensees, will have the right to make unlimited derivative works of Entrant Content, to assign or transfer any or all of Sponsor’s granted rights, and to grant unlimited, multiple-level sublicenses.

No, you may not make derivative works of my idea.
Go get your own goddamn ideas!

I was seriously considering doing this until I got to this point in the rules

No, you may not make derivative works of my idea.
Go get your own goddamn ideas!

"Entrant Content" referring to the video you upload. So, if they decide to put a snippet of your short film/pitch video spliced into their TV commercials/web videos, etc... they have to have this disclaimer. Because any edited version of your project, which is not the entire work, is considered, "derivative."

Hmm.. if they can only use what I have in my entry and not what I use in the actual film I create.. then perhaps I can get past this.

I'll just omit the names of my characters, etc in the entry.

I don't see anything about it needing to be a feature film in the rules? Can I assume that pitching the concept straight without noting it's length completely complies with the rules, then in the case of winning producing a short film with the money is acceptable?

Also, I see nothing in the rules about failing to complete the film project?

I don't see anything about it needing to be a feature film in the rules? Can I assume that pitching the concept straight without noting it's length completely complies with the rules, then in the case of winning producing a short film with the money is acceptable?

Also, I see nothing in the rules about failing to complete the film project?

Yeah, I'm imagining you can enter a short. I entered mine.

For $20,000 I'm imagining this contest is more geared towards a short.

Back