video type terminology

benamin

id like a 1 word description for the 2 types of wedding videos i offer clients. As i'm not sure that clients are clear what they are with what they are called currently.

1. Featurette - (current name)
- up to 5-10 min highlights video (like the other millions of wedding videos found on YouTube)
- vows, speeches and other inspiring elements integratad as both direct audio and as a voice over,
- sequence is generally in order with some events mixed in to maintain flow.

2. Documentary - (current name)
- could be 1 - 1.5 hours long
- start to finish video without any creative editing. its just all items recorded one after another for full day coverage.

benamin

The founder him/her self! Thanks for your feedback!

You will see from the examples in the article that what im offering is on par with the industry standard.
in fact, my 5-10min is twice as long as most examples given, and my documentary version is specially listed in style 2(under journalistic style)

i also give them speeches etc separate on a USB just to cover all bases.

i agree the 'doco' is boring and i wouldn't want it at my wedding. but clients have asked for it and so that's why i offer it.
i do capture with 2 cameras(1 fixed, 1 moblie) and pick the best angles throughout the day. so its not completely RAW.

i tried to avoid the word 'RAW' but tbh i think that's the best description.

So thanks again. The article did give me what i was looking for.
i think ill change Featurette to Cinematic Feature.(or just cinematic)
and ill change documentary to Raw feature.

my question has been answered!

Regards

indietalk

IndieTalk Founder
Staff member
Admin
It literately says a Highlights Video is 15-50 minutes

AND

Journalistic Style: "It will be edited and polished based on the actual sequence of events."

Again, never seen a standalone highlights so short, and never seen a raw footage video as a finished video.