Video Editing Laptop

Hello people,

I'm in the market for a video editing laptop. My budget is $1300. I'm thinking of editing with Adobe CC (Ae & Pr). My first choice would be a MacBook Pro but its insanely priced for the specs it offers. I've been watching the Acer Aspire V Nitro but have read online the graphics card isn't compatible with Adobe (http://www.acer.ca/ac/en/CA/content/model/NX.MQLAA.002). If anyone could help me out that would be amazing!

I always suggest to get a desktop machine for editing. That way you can pick up/build the specific components that match what you're going to do and upgrade when you hit bottle necks.

I always suggest to get a desktop machine for editing. That way you can pick up/build the specific components that match what you're going to do and upgrade when you hit bottle necks.

I would be up for a desktop system, but its not an option. I live off grid and travel too much. :)

Any models or ideas for laptops? I've priced out a dell with a Quadro graphics card but it's out of my price range. Also i've heard Dell isn't a reliable name.

Do you recommend Davinci?

I do. For color correction, it's amongst the top 2 programs professionals use for grading.

Adobe. Thoughts?

I like and use Adobe. Unlike grading programs, there's less and less differences between editing programs these days. I do like the benefit of continual improvements from Adobe with CC and the ease of integration with CC: PS, AI and AE.

And, on the Film and Video Editing group I'm with on LinkedIn, we recently had a thread on touch screen video editing is the future of editing. Apps are being made for it, Windows 10 will have continued OS built-in support for touch screen monitors like Windows 8 & 8.1, and you may soon see editing software for your pads. Laptops are already available with touch screens for Windows 8 & 8.1 too.

Some veteran editors with their Avids that have special keyboards labeled for Media Composer did not think it possible, until other members showed links about touch screen editing is already beginning.

Last edited:
Back