• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch Video and Filmmaking Demo Reel

...and for real...

Really good, overall.

The colour grade, while consistent, does make everything look muted & dull, though. It's like the entire video has a 10% gray on top of it.

But yeah... dig it. :cool:

Thanks for the 'wtf' Steve :)

You're right, maybe I overstatement in the trying of make a filmic look. I'm a truly lover of the film aspect. I have been developing many ways of push the DSLR look into it, and sometimes I lose the natural bright of an image to work on this. Thanks for your comment.

wtf is this?!

Haha. You beat me to it.

I like the footage. I think you've got a great eye with the camera. By my tastes, your composition is just freaking perfect. I kind of agree with Zensteve's comments about the coloring, though. I hope this reel gets you places!

Haha. You beat me to it.

I like the footage. I think you've got a great eye with the camera. By my tastes, your composition is just freaking perfect. I kind of agree with Zensteve's comments about the coloring, though. I hope this reel gets you places!

Thank you for your comment.
There are now two opinions against my color grade. I really need to rethink my compulsion to looking for the film aspect hehe.

I see you're a fan of the Pumpkins so it's already a good reel in my book. I agree with the others on the rest. What kind of grain did you add?

Thank you. Yes, Pumpkins is the band of my life. :)

I use Sony Vegas for video editing. So I usually add the native plugin "film grain" of Sony. But sometimes this grain does not match the image, then I export for use a feature more refined as some Kodak grain from After Effects or frame-by-frame treatment in Corel PhotoImpact (which is very good for color grading).

There is a very good resource too which is cinegrain. They scan real film in order to print the real grain in videos. But it is a little expensive. I used the demo and liked it.

Last edited:
Back