tv VegasIndiesTv needs help.....

Hey peeps, for those of you that don't know I started VegasindiesTV about 8 months ago, it's a half hour film festival type show that airs on the UPN affiliate out here in Las Vegas. I have only gotten two submissions in a 8 months period. So I had to air Two shows with the same material. The fee is only $20, but i'm willing to waive the fee just to get new films for the April show. The next show airs April 18th Saturday night at 1am. So get your films in. thanks for your time.
www.vegas-indies.tv
VITV

I like that it's on a UPN affiliate, and not cable access. Not a bad time slot either, isn't that about the time SNL is on NBC .. (not sure when that comes on in Vegas).

Is it a hosted show? Do you air digital beta? Do you have a demo of the show on VHS or DVD, or on a website? I'm interested to see the production quality.

Thanks~!

That seems pretty cool...except...shouldn't the filmmakers be paid, not the show producers...I mean, the filmmakers are the ones that are doing you a favor by submitting.

I guess, now that you waived the fee it seems more fair, but getting people to pay to have their stuff on TV seems a little shady to me...maybe that's why so few submitted.

I don't know if you buy your time slot out, but if you do, you can still make money by selling your own commercial time. That's what other shows like yours do...just a suggestion, in case the show isn't making enough money.

indietalk said:
I like that it's on a UPN affiliate, and not cable access. Not a bad time slot either, isn't that about the time SNL is on NBC .. (not sure when that comes on in Vegas).

Is it a hosted show? Do you air digital beta? Do you have a demo of the show on VHS or DVD, or on a website? I'm interested to see the production quality.

Thanks~!

Yes it is a hosted show, but very quick inserts I believe we should see more show less host. It's shot on MiniDv, and edited on Final Cut Pro. Final on air tape is DVC PRo. I do have a VHS just give me an address to send it to. Thanks for the support.
P.S and yes thats around the same time SNL AIRS.

LOGAN L Productions said:
That seems pretty cool...except...shouldn't the filmmakers be paid, not the show producers...I mean, the filmmakers are the ones that are doing you a favor by submitting.

I guess, now that you waived the fee it seems more fair, but getting people to pay to have their stuff on TV seems a little shady to me...maybe that's why so few submitted.

I don't know if you buy your time slot out, but if you do, you can still make money by selling your own commercial time. That's what other shows like yours do...just a suggestion, in case the show isn't making enough money.

Yes I do believe filmmakers should get paid i'm one myself., But Asking for $20 to get your movie aired in Las Vegas on a major affiliate, not just cable access isn't a bad deal. I would pay it. And yes I purchase my own airtime, and it's not cheap, I would have to air like 6 commercials just to brake even. And I don't know about you but I hate commercials, plus it's only a half hour show I would rather see more movies. So I need the submissions to help with the cost, and we are all doing this to make some money come on. But trust me I understand how it could seem weird. Well thanks for the replys see you guys around.

I too believe filmmakers should get paid - but as stated air time ain't free.

He's always been up front about the submission fees, so no complaints here.

I sent you a whole crap load of movies - why not use some of those?

Hey everyone, It's been a while just been really busy. Well I have some bad news VegasIndiesTv will be cancelled for the month of April. And for a while. I'm opening the doors to more people I'm going accept work from artists, bands,small businesses,etc. With no entry fee. So let your friends know, i'll let you guys, and gals know when the first show airs.
See you around.

Back