tv tv show operation repo cameras

I always notice that when they are in their car there are always two handheld camcorders posted up facing them. I was wondering if when in the car they actually take footage from those cameras to put on tv.

ok when they are in the truck driving they show them in the car talking. there are two handheld cameras like the panasonic hdc 700k on the corner of the windows posted up pointed towards them. are they actually using the video from them cameras and using it for the tv show while they are in the truck.

I've never seen the show but I suspect the cameras are
not just props. That they are the actual cameras used.

I've worked on enough reality shows to know what you mean. gooberman
is correct. I have rigged tiny little cameras on helmets and bikes to get
the shots we need.

Operation Repo isn't a reality show, is it? Is it that "faux" reality show?
The one shot like a reality show but fully staged?

correct. portraying actual jobs. they get some pretty good video with them. remember I am no expert so dont mind the simple questions. directorik, you know any tv shows that shoots with a video camera under the price of 3,000.00 like a panasonic hmc150 or lower price.

I've never seen the show but I suspect the cameras are
not just props. That they are the actual cameras used.

Also have never seen the show, but from what I have seen on "reality" shoots in that position* are these:

http://blog.abelcine.com/2009/02/15/panasonics-avchd-recorder-and-camera-head/

*- suction cup mount to the windshield, driver side cam aims at passenger and vice verse. Recorders and cables stashed however is convenient, sometimes with an AC and/or a sound mixer hiding in back somewhere.

Back