TROMA films

Went back a few pages, didn't see a thread on this, but it definitely deserves one. Troma films are sometimes great, sometimes terrible, but most of the time entertaining. Some highlights include The Toxic Avenger series, Tromeo & Juliet, Terror Firmer, Class of Nuke 'em High, Combat Shock, Rabid Grannies, Redneck Zombies, and countless others! Share your favorite Troma movies, moments, and movements here!

For me, Tromeo & Juliet remains my all-time favorite. That movie really has it all!

Lloyd Kaufman is inspiring to speak to whenever TROMA comes to conventions or film festivals. He has a lot of great insight into the business end of filmmaking that most people won't appreciate just because of the type of films he makes.

I saw your topic in the events forum. "Tromapalooza" was actually my idea. I put on the first one in 2005 (I think, maybe 2004). I met Lloyd through my work (at a distributor). I went to Tromadance in Park City twice as a sponsor.

He was a great inspiration to me in the sense of "stop talking about it and do it". He came up through the LA trenches for sure as line producer, location producer, etc... Very very funny, very charismatic guy.

I went to Tromadance in Park City twice as a sponsor.

Hah, that's pretty cool! I was in a film that screened there back in '07 or '08. Thanks for supporting the Troma arts.

citizen_toxie said:
Share your favorite Troma movies

Lust For Freedom - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0093456/

...though the new movie posters for it suck. :grumpy:

Here's the awesome one in my living room:

The soundtrack (of two Grim Reaper songs... over and over and over and over...) just can't be beat. :cool:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Jwg61ogxeA

lol, this trailer is terrible though.

Without Troma's influence, I wouldn't be working on such modern classics as Crack Whore (amongst other fine features).

Bless you, fine Troma peeps. :cool:

Ah, misspent youth, Friday and Saturday hanging out with a friend, playing video games and watching USA's Up All Night, which of course featured a Troma-heavy rotation. I particularly remember taping Class of Nuke 'em High parts 1 and 2 (on a Gilbert night, not a Rhonda night), followed by a Troma infomercial that was pretty funny. And a couple music videos (as they would sometimes throw in, late at night), including Material Issue's "Kim The Waitress", which would put this around 94. I might still have that tape somewhere; I'll have to dig it out...

Great stuff. And the truely horrendous theme song to Nuke 'em High 2 gets stuck in my head at weird times!

I want to say Trey Parker and Matt Stone's first film "Cannibal: The Musical" was Troma and I saw that..

It is. Troma gave them a shot when nobody else would distribute it. When the contract ran out and they could have sold the rights for a ton to someone else (after they became huge) they re-signed with Troma out of loyalty. Trey has a cameo telling the "aristocrats" joke in "Tales From the Crapper" one of the worst titles Troma ever put out.

Back