• READ BEFORE POSTING!
    • If posting a video, please post HERE, unless it is a video as part of an advertisement and then post it in this section.
    • If replying to threads please remember this is the Promotion area and the person posting may not be open to feedback.

watch TRICKSTER - The Matrix Fan film

Hi!
Trickster is a small Live-action short film based on the Matrix movie, it's a fan-made film to see how far we can go with our skills in Film making and Visual effects.
The project was born in 2013 when Antonio, a friend of mine, suggested to make a video with a Sentinel 3D model that i made some time ago for fun. I was hooked since the beginning with the idea, i wrote a small synopsis and then a 3 page script, the project started to grow more than i expected. At the beginning we only thought of making a small visual effects integration video and then we ended up with a 3 minute live action short film.
This project was made in Colombia, and it was shot near Bogotá using a GH3 Camera and some Rokinon Lenses.

check it out here:
https://vimeo.com/88051948

Trickster_001.jpg

Trickster_002.jpg

Trickster_003.jpg

Trickster_004.jpg

If you want to check some project pics, work in progress and details of the project check this link:
thetricksterproject.blogspot.com/

you can also check the work in progress thread here in cgtalk:
http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=1098872

I hope you enjoy it ;).

There are rumors circulating that lana and andy are going to make another matrix trilogy :)

Fairly nice VFX.
Score was a little over the top, though.

Hope you're spending time on developing your own proprietary intellectual properties. :yes:

Hey, I can't stop watching your film. I noticed you got 43k views just today. What caused the jump?

Congratulations. I think you're going to get a call from hollywood soon.:)

There are rumors circulating that lana and andy are going to make another matrix trilogy :)

Wow! I saw when they had the debut for "Cloud Atlas", I think it was Europe, but a fan asked for their pictures and they both posed, and the fan
asked if they were making another "Matrix" movie, Andy just gave him a dirty look, But Lana said, never say never...:)

Last edited:
hi, thanks a lot for your comments guys, i am really glad that you like it.

ey trueindie i sent a link of the short film and a small description to several popular blogs. kotaku and gizmodo.es featured it adding several thousands of plays to the counter.

it was lucky to have a rumor of new matrix films going around there, that gave a little more interest on trickster.

Thanks Phoelix.

By the way, I got a call from Hollywood today. They want you to call them. I told them you were busy.

:D

she stole the show in a given opportunity of time!
If not her presence ( for a viewer who relates to be concerned about situation) , after 40th second rest would might have become boring.

graphics was good
concept was simple and also much good.

My knowledge Not good in graphic animation work,
But, wanna know how a common viewer on you tube would look at it like?

I Get a chance to see far better well performed graphic work .
Concept and her performance was interesting.
Ya , graphics too, it wasn't that great to be applauded.but, really good.

What happened to her ?
did she escape .....if yes, then how?

(I know you are not interested in making movie , it was just typical scifi movie viewer reply)

You guys make a great team , think about making real movie.atleast short .I'll Njoy.

Back