TrapCode form

So I tried out the trial version of TrapCode form, and its awesome. I first heard about it from CorridorDigital's "Dubstep guns" video so I thought I would check it out and see what it was all about.

It's a plugin for a variety of editing programs, I used the aftereffects version. Basically, its a particle system. Red Giant, the company who created Form, has a suite of particle effects plugins which are all pretty awesome. I was actually really surprised at how easy it was to use.

Anyway, here's my test.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HH973Xx8ALE

when you install the trapcode demos you install the entire suite. I dont think form does anything specific with particles, thats trapcode particular.

Form is particles too. The primary difference between form and particular is that the particles in particular have a lifespan. There's a beginning of life, end of life, and the particle attributes can change in between.

In form you just specify how many particles in x, y and z, and then you decide what to do with them

:cool:

I love form. Bloody fantastic.

when you install the trapcode demos you install the entire suite. I dont think form does anything specific with particles, thats trapcode particular.

yeah, you do get the whole suite, or you can buy them individually. The better deal is of course, the suite.

Form is particles, but its a little different than particular. you can create an organic object by specifying how many particles there are, so on, whatever, and you can also audio sync them so they react to your audio layer which is super cool. I haven't tested that yet.

In this test however, I used the new feature in 2.0 to import a 3d model. It then converts all the vertexes to particles. If I had a higher poly model, there would have been a lot more particles.

I've seen good results when form and particular are combined. Its pretty baller

Back