Transcend SDHC Cards

Anyone uses a Transcend SDHC card? I'm thinking about buying one as a back-up because it's much cheaper than my SanDisk card. Should I go for it?

The data rate and compatibility etc of Transcend cards have never been an issue for me. I've had a 16GB and 32GB Trascend class 10 that I've been using pretty regularly over the past year or so. Both have performed really well. The casing of my 16GB I've just noticed is starting to come apart. It still works perfectly however. The build quality is probably not up to the same standards as SanDisk, btu I've personally never had real issues with them.

Anyone uses a Transcend SDHC card? I'm thinking about buying one as a back-up because it's much cheaper than my SanDisk card. Should I go for it?

All of my cards are SanDisk, but I've plenty of friends who use Transcend cards with no problems. One thing I would watch out for is that they seem to suffer from higher than average levels of forgery and mislabelling - even on reputable sites like Amazon there are people selling Class 6 cards as Class 10 (having put a new sticker on it), for example.

I suggest picking one brand and sticking with it. I have heard using different cards messes up with your camera or something. Don't quote me on this.

That's definitely true of mixing brands of tape on the same camera (due to the different types of lubricant they use), but I've never heard of problems caused by mixing SD cards.

I used PNY cards to start the 8 and the 16 are great but the 32 couldnt handle for some strange reason....

I ended up getting a sandisk 64 sdxc for $50 from amazon...

I used three 16 GB class 6 Sandisk cards on my Panasonic SD707 and never had problems.
Now I also have a 32 GB class 10 from Transcend, which works fine, too. But as it is not long in use yet, we'll see how good it really is...

Back